MEB Frustrations

pwnnator

PEB Forum Regular Member
So back story is 08 left foot medializing calcaneal sliding osteotomy with sub-talar arthreoesis implants 09 right foot was done. In April 11 Air Force Doc (I'm AD Army 9 yrs this April) placed me on a permanent profile requesting the MEB be started and sent it off to Ft. Campbell. Come Dec 11 nothing done so i contacted Ft. Campbell and was told they didn't have any information on me. Went back to PCM (new PCM) got a new perm profile with needs MEB marked on it and started calling around to different installations finally got info that I had to go to Ft. Knox for MEB. March 12 had to do a Fit For Duty Eval, which they said unfit refer to MEB (thought that is what my PCM had put me in for) the doc put me on a temp profile. now the PEBLO tells me that I can not officially start the MEB process until I am on a perm profile and that I might have to go back to Ft. Knox for a Fit For Duty Eval to get a perm profile issued. Once started, I was told I have to go back to Ft. Knox for 2wks to do Army and VA medical appointments. Short story long, this process hasn't officially begun and I am already growing tired of the immense load of crap. At least this site is here, for that i am glad.

Do I have to be on a permanent profile before the MEB can begin?
Why would I need to do VA appointments in Kentucky if there is a VA hospital 30mins up the road?

well, the Doc I went and saw put me on a perm profile and sent it out to the MEB doc who decided to change my limitations based off of my medical packet instead of talking with me via telephone or any other means. I think it's a bunch of crap that someone can "assess" the profile limitations via a packet versus speaking with the service member. On top of that, they neglected to add anything in the limitations descriptions i.e. no running, wear of Richie braces or an actual diagnosis/description besides bi-lateral foot pain. On the bright side, I am 1 signature away from the MEB "officially" starting

Yes you need to be on a P3 or P4 profile...

gathered as much, just seemed asinine to have me travel to ft knox then issue me a temp profile vice a permanent while i was there tdy.

You will be in the new IDES process where they rate you medically through the Army and the Veterans Adminstration at the same time. Make sure you list eveything that concerns you. They like to do it all at one place cause they are both close by and can keep the ball rolling. ;)

To answer your question about having a permanent profile, this is required to start the MEB. There must a failing condition and reason for them to request an MEB. This does not mean immediately they will put you out, It takes time for them to determine if you are fit or unfit for duty. As far as the VA, they go by contracting, for us at FT LEWIS, We go through QTC which may be the same for you. They do not send us to a VA hospital, they send us to who the contract with. Good Luck

IDES/ MEB

I got P3 Profiled during my last visit to the MTF and it was sent to the MEB but they left my PTSD with Depression out of the Referral. I got to the MEB and they said they would not add it to the Joint DoD/VA Evaluation Pilot Referral" form. They told me when I meet the VA rep that I can just add this to my other conditions. Will this hurt me if they do not put my PTSD with Depression on the Joint DoD/VA MEB Referral form?