MEB Timeline - Moody AFB

Getting MEB'd for rheumatoid arthritis. 18.5 yrs in currently.

- notified of MEB in Nov 16
- IRILO recommended to return to duty/AFPC rejected and stated I would need a full PEB- Mar 17
- C&P exams - Apr 17
- PEBLO had 618 ready to go on 4 Aug. I was leaving for a TDY, told them to call me when I got back and they have failed to call since then
- Hoping to make it to 20!:D

Congratulations on your new stripe. Hope you make it to 20 also. There are others on the forum who have found ways to slow the process. Best wishes. Mike

PS: Moody was a great assignment for me.

Just signed my 618... Package is heading back up today. Could have held off the process longer, but I feel confident about beating it since I made senior.

Getting MEB'd for rheumatoid arthritis. 18.5 yrs in currently.

- notified of MEB in Nov 16
- IRILO recommended to return to duty/AFPC rejected and stated I would need a full PEB- Mar 17
- C&P exams - Apr 17
- PEBLO had 618 ready to go on 4 Aug. I was leaving for a TDY, told them to call me when I got back and they have failed to call since then
- Hoping to make it to 20!:D

Hi. Quick question, I thought that if you have a code 37 (MEB pending) you couldn't go tdy/pcs/deploy/have mobility assignments? I'm pending an MEB and my profile states this. Just curious, and congratulations on your promotion!

I was told specifically no TDYs while on Code 37. That I must be available whenever they need me. Seems a little off that I can go on leave, but not TDY to another military installation.

I've been TDY 5 times since the MEB started. I've forgotten to bother to tell them a couple of times.

BTW, looks like I'll be offered 90% by the VA. Called that Providence number to find out.

Still waiting for the Air Force to let me know their side though. Either way I'll be appealing to the FEB unless they find me fit (which wouldn't make sense if the VA has preliminary findings).

I tried the whole, forget to tell them thing, but I'm at HQ and have a cadre of people with nothing to do, but monitor me. SMH.

Good luck with the FEB, when it comes time.

Got my results today:

80%/90%

@jasonperry Any clue what that means? 18+ year E-8.

I'll be appealing regardless, but how much money is that if I'm unsuccessful at being returned to duty?

I haven't been on here that long, but that's the first time I've seen a DoD so high without being 100% VA. One of the guys in my shop was separated and was 20% DoD and 100% VA.

The whole system is reliant on what unfortunate clown looks at your paperwork.

Good luck with the appeal and I hope you can make it to 20.

So I signed the request for the FPEB today (29 JUNE)

What does this mean from here? Does the service drop the their percentage often? I'm still trying to either be found fit or make it 20.

So I signed the request for the FPEB today (29 JUNE)

What does this mean from here? Does the service drop the their percentage often? I'm still trying to either be found fit or make it 20.

Well, in great AF fashion, they already sent me my formal board date, which is next Thursday. Fuckers are going way to fast.

Well, in great AF fashion, they already sent me my formal board date, which is next Thursday. Fuckers are going way to fast.
Wow... that is fast.I hear from a very reliable source (someone who works at OAC) they are moving 10x faster with these boards than in the past. It almost seems like they are trying get folks out before they actually hit 20..

Hello Cubsfan,
I'm going through a med board also and my OAC rep, PEBLO and AFPC are saying that most if not all applications for LAS are being approved if you're 19 years or over. I wish you luck.