MEB timeline

tbone

Registered Member
It appears from the timelines here that The AF has been fairly liberal in allowing people to use their leave. I'm wondering as well though as I have 70 days + 20 Permissive as of today.

harringj

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I should final out on the 15th of this month. Then permissive starts the 19th. Final day 28 May!! This process has been loooooooooooong.........

Neverending

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I got 30PTDY (I'm "overseas") and 60 terminal. I didn't dare ask for more because I was so excited that I got 60. My final out is 26Feb.

HarrinJ, it looks like you got more leave approved? Congrats!

harringj

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I got 30PTDY (I'm "overseas") and 60 terminal. I didn't dare ask for more because I was so excited that I got 60. My final out is 26Feb.

HarrinJ, it looks like you got more leave approved? Congrats!
Eh, 30 days to outprocessing plus 30 days of permissive, plus 61-62 days of terminal!!! I’m overseas also.

IstillLoveVistaBaby

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Noobie question here. How do you find out who your case manager is? I understand that this person is NOT the PEBLO, but someone else? Is it someone at the VA, at AFPC, or at your own medical group at whichever base you are at? Also is your case manager your PCM or someone else?

Andrewchrist

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Noobie question here. How do you find out who your case manager is? I understand that this person is NOT the PEBLO, but someone else? Is it someone at the VA, at AFPC, or at your own medical group at whichever base you are at? Also is your case manager your PCM or someone else?
I never found out. Everything I know about my case manager was from my peblo. But it is someone at AFPC

Neverending

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The case manager is at AFPC and they handle the admin things like getting the paperwork to the VA, your PEBLO, and whoever else may need it. They are also the ones who finalize your retirement dates and make your orders. You will not know who your case manager is since they will only talk to the PEBLO.

IstillLoveVistaBaby

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Will the case manager speak to your recovery care coordinator? Or anyone else other than the PEBLO? If I feel like I want someone else to get information for me and not the PEBLO for example.

Neverending

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The case manager is in charge of multiple people's cases (possibly for multiple bases, but I don't know how they assign case loads). They only work through that PEBLO and their job does not include talking to anyone except the PEBLO.

If you are having an issue with the PEBLO, you can ask to speak to their supervisor (which will be in the clinic or MTF that they work out of) but you are pretty much stuck talking to the PEBLO about most things regarding your case.

IstillLoveVistaBaby

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So how are some people able to call AFPC and ask for an update on their case if their PEBLO is too busy for example? I know that they will not speak to the member personally.

Neverending

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The unfortunate answer is that you don't. I tried to call about my case being at the SAFPC (which I thought would be ok, since it was separate from the MEB), but I still got the answer to talk to you PEBLO. They will also generate a " help ticket" and you and the PEBLO get an emailed copy of it.

Once your case has been sent up to VA/AFPC for their parts, you just have to follow along based off of the Mypers emails you get. =(

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">