MEB timeline

It appears from the timelines here that The AF has been fairly liberal in allowing people to use their leave. I'm wondering as well though as I have 70 days + 20 Permissive as of today.

I should final out on the 15th of this month. Then permissive starts the 19th. Final day 28 May!! This process has been loooooooooooong.........

I got 30PTDY (I'm "overseas") and 60 terminal. I didn't dare ask for more because I was so excited that I got 60. My final out is 26Feb.

HarrinJ, it looks like you got more leave approved? Congrats!

I got 30PTDY (I'm "overseas") and 60 terminal. I didn't dare ask for more because I was so excited that I got 60. My final out is 26Feb.

HarrinJ, it looks like you got more leave approved? Congrats!
Eh, 30 days to outprocessing plus 30 days of permissive, plus 61-62 days of terminal!!! I’m overseas also.

Eh, 30 days to outprocessing plus 30 days of permissive, plus 61-62 days of terminal!!! I’m overseas also.
I hope to have similar news soon. Depending on how fast things move at this point, looking at possibly retiring by June.

Noobie question here. How do you find out who your case manager is? I understand that this person is NOT the PEBLO, but someone else? Is it someone at the VA, at AFPC, or at your own medical group at whichever base you are at? Also is your case manager your PCM or someone else?

Noobie question here. How do you find out who your case manager is? I understand that this person is NOT the PEBLO, but someone else? Is it someone at the VA, at AFPC, or at your own medical group at whichever base you are at? Also is your case manager your PCM or someone else?
I never found out. Everything I know about my case manager was from my peblo. But it is someone at AFPC

The case manager is at AFPC and they handle the admin things like getting the paperwork to the VA, your PEBLO, and whoever else may need it. They are also the ones who finalize your retirement dates and make your orders. You will not know who your case manager is since they will only talk to the PEBLO.

Will the case manager speak to your recovery care coordinator? Or anyone else other than the PEBLO? If I feel like I want someone else to get information for me and not the PEBLO for example.

The case manager is in charge of multiple people's cases (possibly for multiple bases, but I don't know how they assign case loads). They only work through that PEBLO and their job does not include talking to anyone except the PEBLO.

If you are having an issue with the PEBLO, you can ask to speak to their supervisor (which will be in the clinic or MTF that they work out of) but you are pretty much stuck talking to the PEBLO about most things regarding your case.

So how are some people able to call AFPC and ask for an update on their case if their PEBLO is too busy for example? I know that they will not speak to the member personally.

The unfortunate answer is that you don't. I tried to call about my case being at the SAFPC (which I thought would be ok, since it was separate from the MEB), but I still got the answer to talk to you PEBLO. They will also generate a " help ticket" and you and the PEBLO get an emailed copy of it.

Once your case has been sent up to VA/AFPC for their parts, you just have to follow along based off of the Mypers emails you get. =(

I just got news from VA at Providence Rhode Island that my PEB findings went to them about 2 weeks ago, and the guy on the phone said it takes about 30-45 days to do a proposed rating. Is this correct? Also, is this the last step before it comes back to your base and you sign for it for orders to follow? Just trying to piece a timeline together for my family, and any bit of clear picture will help us all.

Is there another number I can call and ask them to maybe process this part faster or is it wise to just let it wait at this point? I haven't been comfortable waiting for anything in this process so far and I would just like to wrap it up already. What can I do at this point to make it go faster, my PEBLO wasn't saying much on this..

I just got news from VA at Providence Rhode Island that my PEB findings went to them about 2 weeks ago, and the guy on the phone said it takes about 30-45 days to do a proposed rating. Is this correct? Also, is this the last step before it comes back to your base and you sign for it for orders to follow? Just trying to piece a timeline together for my family, and any bit of clear picture will help us all.

Is there another number I can call and ask them to maybe process this part faster or is it wise to just let it wait at this point? I haven't been comfortable waiting for anything in this process so far and I would just like to wrap it up already. What can I do at this point to make it go faster, my PEBLO wasn't saying much on this..
So If you’re in the Q&A phase it should take less than a month, they received mine on the 23 of January and I got my findings on the 16th of Feb, after that it went back to PEB they send a message to PERS to cut the TDRL/PDRL message then your PSD will receive that and cut your orders, once you get your findings and sign/pick your get out date, start your separation physical and TPGS/Capstone (admin will know what you’re talking about) DONT LOSE THAT CAPSTONE PAPERWORK, in the separation packet you will have a request to get your medical record so you should be good there just ask and same with dental ask for your record they should put it on a disk, once PSD cuts your orders your admin should give you your separation packet then go from there...you’re almost done just keep your head up

Whats a PSD? Sorry I'm still not familiar with all the acronyms. I already dids tap. So who cuts the actual order, the PEBLO or the PCM (calculating your final-out day with all your days on leaveweb)? Do they have access to leaveweb or do you have to provide a print-out of your leave days?

I think I had 17 or 18
I'm curious if I'm not claiming all possible conditions....I just received my MED unfit recommendation so I'm in the early stages. I have my conditions listed but they are not even close to 18 even with 23yrs of service. Mind if I ask what they are?

Yall got your AFPC notifications quick. My package was received by AFPC 7 March and still havent heard anything. The VA sent my letter on 23 March and still havent recieved it.