My Army MEB/PEB timeline and outcome!

M&M

PEB Forum Regular Member
Just wanted to share my recent experience for my MEB/PEB for migraines. I was surprised with how fast and easy the process was for me! I was expecting it to take a lot longer and be more frustrating.

Jan 29, 2009: Had first thunderclap headache and was hospitalized for tests and observation.
December 10, 2009: referred by neurologist to MEB
Phase I MEB: December 22, 2009
Phase II MEB: December 27,2009
NARSUM complete: December 28, 2009
Completed and signed MEB packet: December 29,2009
Packet mailed to D.C.: Jan. 4, 2010
Packet received: Jan. 5, 2010
IPEB complete: Jan. 19, 2010
Notified of results by PEBLO: Jan 25, 2010
Signed results: Feb 2, 2010
Separation message and orders: Feb 5, 2010

My results were 50% PDRL! I wasn't expecting permanent but am so relieved that this process is over. Thanks to everyone for your information and experiences as it helped to make everything go smoothly!

Wow, that is amazing and wonderful! I'm pleased to see "the system" work in favor for us once in a while! Congrats on your PDRL status :) No more worries for you!

Just wanted to share my recent experience for my MEB/PEB for migraines. I was surprised with how fast and easy the process was for me! I was expecting it to take a lot longer and be more frustrating.

Jan 29, 2009: Had first thunderclap headache and was hospitalized for tests and observation.
December 10, 2009: referred by neurologist to MEB
Phase I MEB: December 22, 2009
Phase II MEB: December 27,2009
NARSUM complete: December 28, 2009
Completed and signed MEB packet: December 29,2009
Packet mailed to D.C.: Jan. 4, 2010
Packet received: Jan. 5, 2010
IPEB complete: Jan. 19, 2010
Notified of results by PEBLO: Jan 25, 2010
Signed results: Feb 2, 2010
Separation message and orders: Feb 5, 2010

My results were 50% PDRL! I wasn't expecting permanent but am so relieved that this process is over. Thanks to everyone for your information and experiences as it helped to make everything go smoothly!

Your first referral took nearly a year?

What was your diagnoses?

What were you rated for?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I started having my headaches in Jan 2009. They began suddenly, I passed out at work and had the worst headache of my life. I went to my local MTF and they sent me straight to the hospital to see a neurologist that same day as my symptoms resembled a stroke. They admitted me to ICU and I went through a ton of testing (MRI, CT, lumbar puncture). I was diagnosed with basilar migraines and continued seeing my neurologist monthly but no treatments have worked and I continue to pass out frequently and have severe migraines. Since none of the treatments have worked my neurologist sent me to the MEB in December. I was rated under code 8100 for frequent prostrating headaches productive of severe economic inadaptability.

Hello:
I was in a hit and run in the summer of 2007 on my way to PT. I have been an AGR officer for over 16 years and have be on convel leave since the accident. I have been formally diagnosed with PTSD and have had over a dozen procedures in my neck and back. almost two years ago I had a 2 level cervical fusion (C/5 & C/6) the C/4 is still herniated with nerve problems. I also had L5/ S1 fusion and have permant nerve damage in my right leg. I thought they started the MEB in June 2009 but apparently they did not. They will hopefully start it within the next month. My question(s) if anyone could help me out are: Does anyone think they might have an idea of what my ratings might be?, Next -- My orders are due to expire on JUNE and I was wondering if they are not done with this process does my state have to extend my orders? And last Has anyone had to wait this long? Also is TDRL always a mandatory first step or do they sometimes do a PDRL or can you request that?

Thank You in advance for any insight that you can provide.

Thanks

Once your orders are about to expire they will reevaluate you and determine as to how many more days you will require them for. As far as the MEB goes that is the job of the MTF where you are being treated to start that process. Your profile generates the MEB/PEB. All said and done it should take you less than 90 days to complete both once you have completed all of your medical care and they make the determination that your conditions have become stable or this is the best that you are able to acquire with your treatment and care. In regards to the rest, I am not sure.

Sharing my MEB/PEB time-line & results from Ft Bliss, TX:

13 July 09 - Injury 1st occurred w/ a pain in my L- forearm & palm of hand upon return from a tactical road march w/ full battle rattle
03 Aug 09 - Emergency treatment for injury upon return from a 3 mile run when L-arm went totally Ice-Cold (lost blood flow due to totally being clotted off from a aneurysm ) Dr's believe it was a mechanically caused aneurysm from to much weight on my chest area possibly by the wearing of the IBA/body armor & rucksack while out training & missions.

29 Oct 09 - MEB briefing(s) Met my PEBLO (start of MEB process)
30 OCT 09 - Q&A/Review of all filed documentation & start MEB Phase I
26 JAN 10 - Signed NARSUM - MEB Phase II
27 JAN 10 - Sent to PEB Ft. Sam Houston San Antonio, TX
05 MAR 10 - Received PEB DA 199 w/ results PDRL w/ 30% overall rating (going to appeal/request Formal Hearing)

08 MAR 10 - Meet with the Ft Bliss MEB Legal Outreach attorney to review my DA 199 & review the two issues that I have with it below.
Issue#1: Rated at 10% & below the standard for VASRD code 7117 for DAILY pain which is 40% (Pain is documented with my Case Mgr as daily as we meet wkly & my vascular surgeon has agreed to submit a memorandum of record to state this fact.)
Issue#2: Block 10-C Disability (DID NOT) result from a Combat Related Injury as defined in 26 U.S.C. 104. (The INJURY sustained was related to Combat as per 26 U.S.C. 104 - I am having sworn statements written by Co. Cmdr & 1SG along with team members over in theater. The PEB only reviewed the NARSUM that the major extent of my injury was NOTICED upon my return from a 3 mile run that my L-arm lost it's pulse & blood-flow from a blood clot & went ice-cold which then caused me to seek emergency medical attention.

16 MAR 10 - Have my scheduled appt to meet back with PEBLO to officially file for PEB - FORMAL HEARING
Then I have to wait (who knows how long) to hear from SJA PEB office from FT SAM in San Antonio, TX to get my case underway which happens as soon as they are contacted by the PEB board of my Formal Hearing request & a Hearing date is set. (Hopefully I have all this info. right)

NOTE: If I can end up getting both these issues corrected, it would mean a 60% overall rating instead of 30% & CRSC approval along with my med-retirement pay being Tax Free!

I am very nervous about the whole Formal Board thing, but I feel as though I have the facts to back up my claim(s) to the above issues being corrected. Not real sure how long it will take the PEB at Ft Sam to issue me a Formal Hearing date upon receipt of the request? Was told it could be within 72 hours or up to 30 days!

I will be sure to keep everyone posted as to how the results once it's completed.

:mad:My Meb packet was sent to DC on Feb. 5 2010 it wasnt recieved by the PEB Until 12 FEB 2010. that was the last i heard of anything its March 23 2010 .....and im mad frustrated .. my Peblo keeps telling me that my packet wasnt kicked back and that it could be here any day . its a pain in the ass

Hang in there Ty!!

I just got mine back on the 24th, but mine was sent on the 9th of Mar. Mine went to Ft Lewis, not DC unlike you Ty.

01 APR 2010 - Received my request for formal appeal back from PEB, they found in favor of all of my written appeal's from the letter I attached to the 199 requesting the formal appeal. Final results are PDRL 60% & I was awarded CRSC per block 10 of the 199! Very pleased with the outcome & I owe a lot to my MEB legal outreach counsel & this Forum!!!

02 APR 2010 - Signed my 199 with approval at 9am & was forwarded to WA. D.C. for final approval.

05 APR 2010 - Thank you to all of you that shared your experience's.......believe it or not they do help others maintain hope & confidence! God Bless everyone!

Same here signed mine on March 1 still waiting on orders? Up to how long does it usually take?

It only took 3 days after you signed your papers to get orders? :cool: Is that the normal wait time, Thats what i am awaiting now.:D

Ok here is my long experience....
09Jan12 MEB Brief
12Jan-20 APR Doc appts
NOTHING heard from there until
01AUG12 Accepted Narsum
10AUG12 MEB found me unfit, passed my file down the line
PEB had unresolved questions ( docs wording) and sent my packet back 16Nov12
Doc sent it back within the 15 days (so I am told) and did not get updated in the system until 16Jan13.
Now I am waiting on my PEBLO to tell me WTF is taking so long, and she either cant, or wont. I am at WSMR out of Ft Bliss, so my PEB is at Seattle. Now I have heard that Seattle has like 8 employees to handle the entire region, while other offices have twice to triple that. Not sure what is going on, but my patience is worn out. Oh and the above dates are approxamations, but mostly accurate.