PDRL and rating question

Mavman

Registered Member
Hello, I have looked all over for a case posted similar to mine to find the answer without starting a new thread, but can't find one so here goes.

In 2008 I was placed on TDRL at 100% by MEB. Later that year the VA awarded me 60% and my retirement was split into a VA offset.

Late 2009 after initial review, I was found stable, still rated at 100% and placed on PDRL. My offset increased slightly.

I had 14 years of service and did not qualify for CDRP or CRSC to my understanding.

Should I have seen a more significant bump with those ratings when placed on the PDRL?

This all came about as I was looking into submitting my intent to file with the VA as I now have worsening conditions and those I feel are attributable to initial injury that might qualify. I didn't bother until now as I just assumed it wouldn't make much difference, just changing the offset amount but now I am not so sure.

I wanted to add, my retirement pay was set at roughly 50% of my base pay and that never really changed except for COLA. My VA Offset has always been 60% of that.

Hello, I have looked all over for a case posted similar to mine to find the answer without starting a new thread, but can't find one so here goes.
In 2008 I was placed on TDRL at 100% by MEB. Later that year the VA awarded me 60% and my retirement was split into a VA offset.
Late 2009 after initial review, I was found stable, still rated at 100% and placed on PDRL. My offset increased slightly.
I had 14 years of service and did not qualify for CDRP or CRSC to my understanding.
Should I have seen a more significant bump with those ratings when placed on the PDRL?

You also posted: "I wanted to add, my retirement pay was set at roughly 50% of my base pay and that never really changed except for COLA. My VA Offset has always been 60% of that."

Hello,

1. With regard to the 2008 TDRL @100% and the VA award @60%.
--Your retired pay would have been average high three base pay x 75% = retired pay
--Your retired pay would have been reduced dollar for dollar in the amount of the VA comp @60%. You would have kept the residual retired pay (left over) if any.

2. With regard to PDRL in late 2009 and still rated at 100% plus offset increased slightly.
--The retired pay would use the same formula described at item one above. The slight increase was likely due to the COLA increase effective 1 December of that year.

3. Your question: Should I have seen a more significant bump with those ratings when placed on the PDRL?
Anwer: No.
Only the characterization of retirement type (from TDRL to PRDL) changed.

Recommend you review the following for CRSC info: Collection of CRSC information LINK <—-

Ron