Perplexed by RILO Determination for RA

Jake40

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I’ve posted my condition before on this site and just went through my 6 month AFPC directed RILO. I have RA with documented joint erosion and flare ups. In those six months my condition has unfortunately gotten worse to the point of going on an injectable biologic. I’ve missed or partially missed work no less than 10 times in the past 6 months due to excruciating flare ups. My Rheumatologist understandably again recommends an MEB. My PEBLO calls me and says she’s sending the request to AFPC and informs me it doesn’t look good based on her experience of past cases. I told her that’s okay as I’m over 21 years of service. If I were at 19 years we’d be having a different conversation.

Fast forward a month and the PEBLO calls me baffled with a RTD determination and a RILO at 12 months now. Hmmmmmm....wait a minute, at my initial MEB AFPC gives me a C2 deployment restriction with a 6 month RILO. Now, my condition gets worse and I go to a 12 month cycle. My PEBLO and Rheum provider were shocked at the decision. Can someone tell me what the hell is going on here? Has there been a policy change? My quality of life is slowly eroding as my condition gets worse. Hopefully, the injectable meds start working and my daily function improves.

I'm very surprised by this action by AFPC. AFPC may be hoping that you stabilize on the new meds.

I would not worry about missing work!