Referred conditions

Long story short: I have Chronic issues with both ankles. I was seen for both at the beginning of my IRILO, but they only did work on my left ankle (failed surgery) and given a profile for just the left. I have documentation proving I have had the same condition in the right ankle. I even had surgery scheduled for my right but they cancelled it due to being in MEB. Will this be hard to fight with the PEB on the right being unfit?

It may be hard, but the PEB is suppose to look at all conditions. If they fail to consider both, then appeal from the IPEB to the FPEB. Best wishes. Mike

Thank you for the insight and is it possible to get two ratings for the ankle (instability and osteoarthritis)?

When my RA was sent up, they only referred 5 joints. I listed the other joints through the VA. When the IPEB came back, they had accepted all of the joints reviewed/accepted by the VA as a subset of the RA... which is what I figured should have been sent up.

When my RA was sent up, they only referred 5 joints. I listed the other joints through the VA. When the IPEB came back, they had accepted all of the joints reviewed/accepted by the VA as a subset of the RA... which is what I figured should have been sent up.
Awesome, that is good to know. With my situation, I was just nervous that the ankle wouldn't be considered for a referred condition because the initial RILO/MEB was just for the L. Ankle.

The unfit condition for the L. Ankle and have documentation stating its a bilateral issue. Would this suffice for a push for an unfit rating for both?