SAFPC Timeline

Orange Sky

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Just curious if anyone here recently had their package/decision back from SAFPC? What was your wait time? I'm starting to sweat because mine has been around 2 months and I need (must) make it to July to reach my 20 AD (I could begin leave/terminal in July to safely make it my 20 years). I read on one of my automated MyPers emails that if we disagree with SAFPC, there is a one-time consideration opportunity.
I also have the option of requesting a VARR - any ideas on recent timelines? Almost.There.

Thanks everyone!

Mine took about 6 months to get a decision and was told that was quick by their timelines. You should be safe.

Yes, I should be good at this point in time now. Did you get the out outcome you wanted?

No I didn’t but I’m doing a one time VARR. I have enough evidence to get a higher rating. My only concerned is if the VA will contest it or mess it up.

Great. Have you submitted your VARR? If so, how long has it been or where you told to expect? Getting ready to do same and curious where timeframes are now. My FPEB went in my favor so hopefully VA will add appropriate rating and DoD will mirror. Good luck to you and hope you get what you’re asking.

Yes it was submitted on 8 June. I asked a similar question and the answers varied from 30 days- 3 months. The one individual who mentioned 3 months retired 5 years ago so I'm hoping it's closer to 30 days for the VA to reconsider ratings. Hope for the best for you!

Gosh! yes, 3 months is way too long. My OAC was telling me to expect 3 weeks. I'll call back and confirm and let you know what I'm told. Are you AF, too?

I'm hoping for 3 weeks myself or at the latest 30-45 days. Yes I'm AF myself.

I'm coming up on 3 weeks since my VARR was submitted. Hoping to hear some news any day...

Let’s keep each other updated. Mine is pretty straight-forward so we shall see.

So I called OAC to gauge a timeline they have been seeing on VARR requests. Was told 4-6 weeks at this point was typical.

My attorney mentioned it would take 1-2 months, hopefully 4-6 weeks is more accurate. Currently on week two, going on week three soon.

The timeline for a VARR varies based on what type of exam(s) are required.

I didn’t think any exams were required if requesting a one-time VARR? They look at the evidence submitted and make a decision.

Any news or updates on your VARR? Do we have a way to track our VARR?

Sorry for the late reply. No news yet, however I did notice something interesting this morning. I was told there was no way to track VARR progress and Ebenefits wouldn't show any changes... However, today the status of my claim on Ebenefits changed from "Pending decision approval" (Which is what it's been since well before the VARR), back to "Preparation for decision". So...maybe something is happening? Hopefully?

Well that could be a good sign :)
Hoping it is for you and thanks for sharing - I’ll keep an eye on mine in E-Benefits as well. I only read from others it wasn’t reliable, if ever, on VARRs...but things could’ve changed!

That’s usually a good sign...at least during the IDES...any movement is good. Wonder if there’s a number you could call like we could to have our initial ratings faxed to us from Rhode Island?

Any new updates for any of you? It's been four weeks for me. Hopefully hear something back in the next week or two.