Stuck at VA for ratings ( new info!!!!)

Jesse H

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
So I am new here but regularly stroll thru And read new posts.
Stationed at HAAF, Ga

Background (quick):
May2011: Army MEB LOI
OCT2011: QTC complete
OCT2011: VA received QTC packet
DEC2011: Mental Health VTC done
FEB2012: Found unfit with various and a 10a/c for PTSD portion
FEB2012: request sent to VA for ratings (Seattle office)
Told by PEBLO 3 weeks to 2 months
APR2012: ebenefits status changed to waiting final approval
Today: Informed by PEBLO that there is a backlog at VA of PEB packets
in the thousands stacked up and waiting.

SO... If your currently stuck at this step with ur VA ratings this may
Be the reason...
Anyone else have any mOre info?

PEBLO is wrong, or at least passing wrong info...Imagine that. If you are Pending Decision Approval, your ratings are with the PEB waiting to be approved. All the VA has to do is get the ratings back and send you your Ratings to be reviewed and Accepted.

Hahaha go figure! but PEBLOs are always right hahahahaha jk
Well, in glad to hear that...
Atleast that's a step in the right direction.
Got my LOI 12 months ago this month

I've been a little quicker. MEDEVAC in June of last year, Started MEB Nov 4, got preliminary ratings 2 weeks ago. Pending approval now. But I'm not nice, and if I haven't heard anything by Friday, I will call the PEB and ask what the problem is. It took 4 days to get my Unfit, why in the world would it take forever to approve the ratings.

I agree! It shouldn't take so long but ive also been told(truth unknown) that ortho and mental health
take the longest and I have both involved....
Who knows anymore haha

It seems like everyone has THE answer and yet others have THE "correct"
answer. It's beginning to seems as if NO ONE has a clue as to how the VA operates haha
They have gone rogue I guess lol

I have a question, if my status on ebenfits says "pending decision approval" does that mean I was found unfit? Just wondering because no one has told me anything.
Thanks in advance.

Jesse H... 5 months is the expected time line for anyone with mutliple claims on VA side. Those that have 1-4 claims will be done in 2 weeks to 2 months. (I go check weekly to MEB Jag office, Ombudsman, the VA, and my PEBLO office of any updaes on timelines or the current rumours.)

picard... just means that it hit PEB, they are reviewing your packet and then will send to VA, nothing will be updated until the VA finds it's ratings and sends it back.

So it ACTUALLY means the PEB is making its rating decision when ebenefits says
Final approval phase?
Or is this an assumption?
Who has stated this as a FACT?
Curiosity.......

Ok. Most everyone has answers but it's usually NOT from a prior job lol thanx!

My VA Ratings have been pending final approval at the Seattle Office for 7 Weeks going on 8. Was advised to submit a Congressional inquiry (Would use this only as last resort by the way). Paper work for inquiry was started and now just waiting on answers. Hip joint is done for, nerve dmg in femoral nerve and Hip Flexor nerve and limited range of motion with severe pain was main submittal and had or 5 others with the VA claim. Considered unemployable due to my injuries, with heavy limitations on walking standing and no bending reaching or crawling type stuff.

I am as well. I hired a lawyer outside to review my medical and fight my appeal. The Military Defender, if this is an option for you I would check him out.

I have been waiting "pending decision approval" for 12 weeks........IDES started 09/27/2011........man, I'm ready for all of this to be over!

All I can say is get ready to talk to you Military Judge Advocate and make sure you have all the updated records and evidence to appeal you case. I need a joint replacement in my hip and I have no range of motion left in my right hip now. they tried to give me 10% for all these issues. I am already going to see a doctors telling me I will need a replacement. If you have other issues that have to added then you will have to put in for a formal if not you have 1 chance to fight it while on active duty.

I realize that everyone can't or won't have the same outlook that I do about this, but my attitude changed drastically a couple months ago after looking at the pay chart. I was getting extremely frustrated with how long this process was taking, then I realized that I'll be getting an extra $350/month starting in November when I go over 26 years of service. Keep dragging your feet, VA, I'm getting paid quite well to sit around and wait!

I have a suggestion for you guys that are at Pending Decision Approval on ebennis, call the VA hotline and request to have the proposed ratings to be sent to your house again, if you didn't get them. Verify your address with the VA rep!!! Then walk in to your PEBLO office with a copy of the ratings and say "How come I know what I am getting before you can even tell me anything?" Show them you have the ratings, and your packet will magically appear!

I have been waiting "pending decision approval" for 12 weeks........IDES started 09/27/2011........man, I'm ready for all of this to be over!
According to the VA rep I spoke with (and a former PEBLO), the IDES process is not updated in the same way as the legacy system and cannot be accurately tracked via the eBenefits site.

On a more positive note (for me), I guess all my phone calls garnered enough attention to get some movement, I received my 199 today!! 60% Army, 90% VA, so no complaints. Ready to get moving on this!

According to the VA rep I spoke with (and a former PEBLO), the IDES process is not updated in the same way as the legacy system and cannot be accurately tracked via the eBenefits site.

On a more positive note (for me), I guess all my phone calls garnered enough attention to get some movement, I received my 199 today!! 60% Army, 90% VA, so no complaints. Ready to get moving on this!
Congrats! big suggestion for you if you haven't done it already, save money now! Read my link in my signature block on what happens after signing the 199!