timeline

gotigers54

PEB Forum Regular Member
how soon can i submit a 149 for the Air Force not doing an meb/peb like my neurologist, Pcm and the doc who did my separation physical said i would be getting. the case manager was a total waste. i will likely do a congressional inquiry and if i can file an IG complaint. separated 21 may 2011..main points for meb were herniated discs in my thoracic spine and cervical spine with stenosis and degenerative disc disease, collarbone was smashed and i received surgery on my shoulder but my whole right side is still sunken in...I have torn cartilage in my left foot that the orthopedic surgeon said will require surgery. i also have documented depression/anxiety/panic attacks...carpal tunnel. and i have documentation saying i need a sleep study....the case manager basically told me they didn't have time to process me so just go to the va but i plan take this as far as i can..and i would really like that case manager to be removed from her position as well so other people don't have to deal with her. anything i should include would also be helpful..thanks

First, did you appeal the MEB/PEB? I would think you could file at any time, but be ready to provide materials, opinions, etc. If you can, you may want to contact a pro bono lawyer to help you. try: www.nvlsp.org/

thanks for the reply i have been doing a lot of research and it looks like the best course will be to wait for my va rating and gather all my evidence to appeal for the meb/peb thanks again for the reply

If you are requesting your records be corrected to show you were medically retired instead of being administratively discharged, you can file a BCMR application immediately. The BCMRs have a 3-year statute of limitations (which they can waive), so make sure you file within that time.

For building your case, look at your last evaluation report and your physical fitness test. If you got a decent evaluation and it doesn't mention you have any duty limitations, and if you passed your physical fitness test, your going to have a hard time getting your case approved.