Trying to figure out rating.

rumrunner

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I have been trying to figure out the rating I might get by reading the rating schedule and the forums. But I can't figure it out. DDD of lumbar spine with l4-l5 disc bulge. For my lumbar spine the VA doctor wrote. "No erythema, swelling, spasm, guarding, or abnormal spine contour. tenderness to palpation to the right of the lumbar spinous processes. Range of motion: extension 0 to 25 degrees. Flexion 0 to 90 degrees. Lateral flexion 0 to 30 degrees bilaterally. Rotation 0 to 30 degrees. bilaterally. The soldier was in pain and able to perform repetitive range of motion maneuvers 3 times without further limitation due to fatigue, weakness or incoordination." My MRI results show disk desication and posterior disk bulge at l4-l5 causing mild central canal stenosis with mass effect on the transiting l5 nerve roots. Small posterior disk bulge at the l5-s1 without evidence of other neural compressive disease. My Dr. has me on on Celebrex 200 Mg daily and Tramadol 50 Mg daily. I would really appreciate it if you guys can help me decipher this mess.

i have something similar but my forward flexion was 30 and I received 40%

yes....but my rotation ones were higher than yours...i would say you are looking at 10 maybe 20%

if u already did your ROM test i thnk your gonna have to wait until you get your rating and appeal before u are able to get a new ROM test

I will appeal my ratings and ask for a new ROM and do it without any medication. Should I let the doctor know that I am not on my painkillers?

My recommendation would be the day before maybe go for a long walk or If you can jog, I mean just do what causes your body to hurt. The day of your appointment I would not take any pain meds unless your pain is so unbearable that you wouldn't be able to drive to the appointment. Don't act like superman stop where your pain starts, that will get you a long way. For me I got a morning appointment and that helped me out because mornings and evenings are horrible for me. I wish you the best and promise this is the most horrible process of your life, I think anyways. Gotta love the motto hurry up and wait because you will do a lot of that waiting.