Vocational rehabilitation part 2

NolanK

Registered Member
So I have another part to this called voc rehab that is asking for some basic information, but I have another area I would like advice on.

So when I get to my First voc rehab meeting I want to be a chiropractor as my first choice, but I have some up with two alternatives. So I'm wondering if I went into the meeting and the counselor said no to chiropractic college I would only accept M.E. or teaching career with a post secondary schooling. So I'm just asking for honest job prospects like what is a more obtainable goal that the counselor may accept.

I would LOVE M.E. as well because I love law enforcement work and I also enjoy the science of forensics. So why not put the two together and examine bodies and help out crime scenes. Oh a side note I really want to move and be employed in Iowa or any other state that isn't California

chaplaincharlie

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Medical examiners, in the real world, almost never go to crime scenes. They send field agents. The medical examiner shows up the next morning to do her/his part. Unlike on TV, the cutting is usually done by an assistants, called dieners. MEs direct the process and observe and document normal and abnormal finding.

NolanK

Registered Member
So if I wanted to do more of the "fun" part of the cutting I would want to be the assistant? Does that still require medical school? And is it still law enforcement based?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">