What is everyone's day to day like?

mr pig

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'm just curious what everyone's day to day is like while going through a med board. For example-I work 6 hour days-am kept in a room away from everyone (I get panic attacks), and dissect spreadsheets all day. I don't really have any deadlines to worry about-more of a get it done when you can kind of thing. I also use my personal leave every Wednesdays so I can sort of reset and lower my anxiety. If the need arises-I can also shoot my supervisor an email if I need to step out of the shop and get a breather.

Anyone do something similar to this? What are you experiences?

cheers!

Very similar to yours. I still have work to do and customers to help, but unless its a day like today (where my two civilians are both out), I've taken to doing the menial work like fetching supplies out of the closet.

I stay at my desk all day I even eat here, so the people I work with know if I stand up and scribble lunch on the dry erase board, it means I'm having a panic attack and I've taken my medication and I've gone out to my truck to breath and calm down.

I would be using my leave like you, but I'm nearing the finish line and I want to be able to just be done. I'll continue to help people here and then be a source of information for people who have the big problems.

I worked when I could, but spent a lot of time in the hospital. My boss let me set my own pace. the commander was willing to take what I could give. I frequently would lay down in the floor of the office and rest for 20 minutes.

Still running the BN S1 while making multiple bathroom runs a day.

Used to be a nurse, cant stand for that long anymore so I do all the paperwork now. I design programs that save money, do excel ss, organize data, (but my Senior E7 steals all my work :mad:) Pretty much busy work.

My MEB conditions had two parts, neurological and mental health.

Neuro condition caused me to slowly become unable to complete the APFT walk or run. I would wake up tired, feeling at the start of the day like I had just completed a 12 mile ruck march, the day would progressively get worse from there. I would intermittently lose the ability to walk, no leg strength. I've been trapped in my office for hours because I simply couldn't stand up and walk out of the room. I've had to crawl up stairs because I lacked the leg strength to climb them normally. I know when it is coming and learned that it was just best to leave work when I felt it coming on.

mental health issues caused me to lock myself in my office at times because I could not handle the noise/people. I worked at an ROTC unit and my office was in the main hallway, classes let out and it was a lot of students walking by talking, making tons of noise which triggers my anxiety.

So the last year on active duty, I would go to work at 9 and leave about 1 or 2. I would easily spend half the day with my door shut/locked. If I felt horrible, I would just leave. I wasn't productive at all but still in charge due to rank (CPT).

Pretty much do all of the processing in the office. Sit here all day looking crazy. Struggling cuz the waiting game is no joke! Waiting for my orders, while hearing from my 1SG and commander asking when am I leaving or when am I getting orders.

Pretty much do all of the processing in the office. Sit here all day looking crazy. Struggling cuz the waiting game is no joke! Waiting for my orders, while hearing from my 1SG and commander asking when am I leaving or when am I getting orders.

This is the hardest part for me. This lets me know how much our assignment system is dorked up. AFPC knows that I'm leaving. They KNOW this. THEY decided it would be a TDRL. Yet, AFPC won't give my HQ a replacement for me until I have orders in hand.

Now, I know this makes sense in the global domino system of moving people, however, nobody knows how long the VA is going to take for their reconsideration process.

The VARR part is by far the most frustrating I've had, because its like my packet got flung into a black hole and I'm just stuck waiting on it.

I sit in my office and plan what I'm going to do if the Army ever gets around to actually retiring me. My profile is very long so every time someone that out ranks me tries to tell me to do something and I don't want to do it, I give them the stink-eye and wave my profile. I was treated poorly at the beginning of the process and now that I've signed my 199, I don't feel that I owe anything other than what I want to do. If I were my boss, I wouldn't put up with it, but I have that old, crusty, senior NCO thing going on and people just aren't sure that I'm worth messing with ;)

The hardest part for me is letting someone know I need to step out. It's not like I'm doing anything particularly stressful, so I get the image people are like "what does he have to be stressed about?" This whole thing started not long after I got out of tech school so I couldn't feel like more of a waste of resources. I hope in 10 years this whole process is much quicker. I still haven't had my referral sent up to my peblo...

I had difficulties stopping doing my job because I had pride in what I did. My supervision/doctors told me to cut it out. I was still able to assist with troubleshooting, paperwork, meetings, tcons, supervising, getting good turnover for the following shift. I just was not allowed to do any of the heavy lifting/maintenance due to medication and physical injury. It sucked but if I would have kept working I could have injured myself, someone else, or damaged equipment in which I would have been liable for.

My day to day just went from feeling like an inmate on death row, just waiting for an unknown date....

...to being one of getting ready to out-process. VARR is done. Full speed ahead.

My day to day just went from feeling like an inmate on death row, just waiting for an unknown date....

...to being one of getting ready to out-process. VARR is done. Full speed ahead.

Same here, I go back in three weeks for two days of out processing then I start terminal.

That's great!! Hopefully it turned out the way you wanted!!

Did anything change for people once they were determined to be unfit? I have a PT test coming up next month and I might be determined unfit before then, so I am wondering if they would have me do it anyways.

Did anything change for people once they were determined to be unfit? I have a PT test coming up next month and I might be determined unfit before then, so I am wondering if they would have me do it anyways.

I have to take one next month. If you are still in, you have to PT test. I have been doing waist tape for 6 years. I'm also needing an EPR even though I should go on terminal leave 2 months before it closes out.

Because of the medications I'm on, my PCM recommended that I don't drive or make critical decisions until the sedation wears off. My CC put me on half days, but for 3-4 days of the week I'm at Tripler for Med appts. When I do get to my office it's mainly clearing out my emails.

I don't do operational work anymore. I QC awards and decs & EPRs.

Yeah I am pretty much on half days at the moment. I also PT next month but I'm curious if there are any consequences to failing it at this point. My command has already said they don't care if I fail it and I have bigger things to take care of.

You should still have a profile.