What is my chance of being found “fit”

Lookn4help

Registered Member
I’m heading to the formal board for bipolar depression. I disagree with this diagnoses and I’ve asked for a second opinion when BH first initated my MEB. I’ve never been put on profile for it until October when they initiated the MEB. I was diagnosed with it when I first got to the post as a follow up from my previous unit where I had a miscarriage...

My history with BH is that I basically go when I’m going through difficult times so I’m my 10 years in the Army I’ve went for four different situations... the majority of my visits were in Korea after having a miscarriage.

My most resent was here at my current duty station due to toxic leadership and a suggestion from a friend to go and hopefully they would help me move from the unit... instead it landed me in the hospital for 7 days to cool down (that’s what I thought) this happend July last year. By September I did a fit for duty and the guy recommended me for an MEB and placed me on a P3 profile and nondeployable...

I’ve been fight this and at every level they’ve stated that I was unfit... even with my new chain of command support... I’ve requested for a second opinion and was denied...

I know that my stress and anxiety were all situation related. I’ve never wanted to hurt myself and until this current situation I was never homosidal (I never threatened anyone, I just went to BH and told them that specific ppl in my unit were trying to force me to hurt them)

I need some advice on how to challenge both the profile and the diagnosis

specific ppl in my unit were trying to force me to hurt them)

What you said was evidently understood as a threat. Perhaps you need to talk to your BH provider and clear the air!

So I never said that to anyone but an intake person at BH... they asked me if I had any plans to hurt anyone or if I had any weapons and I said no... that I was just upset and was just looking for help to move out of the company... they sent me home for the weekend and told me to come back on Monday and I went. The intake person asked me if I would consider going to the hospital for 7 days to cool off while they talk with my COC and see if they could help me move.. my COC said that they would not let me go. And from that everything Jus went down hill. My commander called BH when I came back and said that I was threatening ppl at the unit (which was a lie) and that everyone was scared for their lives. That call from him landed me on the fit for duty.

I'm not entirely sure where to direct you in regards to having the appropriate support to go against what was said by your Commander, but I just want to warn you of how things are taken by members of the Behavioral Health community. When being evaluated, everything you say and do will be monitored for any potential signs of distress, homicidal, or suicidal tendencies. Even though you might not have said you had plans to hurt yourself or others, there may have been other questions that you answered that unknowingly acted as enough evidence that things were NOT okay. If you Commander is lying about the situation, I am truly sorry that you are in such a position. Keeping a steady, professional attitude while fighting these accusations could show the BH faculty that you are telling the truth. Good luck!