What to do if PEBLO isnt helping

KeithB03

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
hey guys.. im curious to see if anyone has ever made an official complaint against their PEBLO and if so how did you go about it (ICE complaint or another way)

the reason I ask is because I am getting no where with my PEBLO, I have asked for the contact information of the people above her and she says im not allowed contact them because they are "too busy" to talk to me. I have been waiting for my DA199 for over 60 days now and every time I ask for an update she either ignores my email or just says "no update".

I have told my command about this but they seem lost as well because they have no clue who to contact either. I understand there is a backlog in the system but 60 days to generate the DA199 when there "timeline" says 15 days, that doesn't seem right to me. I know if I was 45 days late with some paperwork I would have been written up 44 days ago.. any suggestions will be helpful

KeithB03

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I don't think that she is hiding anything, I don't think she is dumb enough to do something where she would lose her job.. but she really has zero fucks to give when it comes to helping me.. I try to explain my situation to her but it went in one ear and out the other.. and her response was.. "your not the only one in the army going through this process".. which I know is true and I know everyone is waiting on something but I was literally asking her for a more accurate update since I've been waiting to sign my DA199 for 70 days now.. and her response was "you need to wait like everyone else".. its getting old very fast..

No Slack Bayonet

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
That's bullshit! I actually had a Congressional launched on mine and lemme tell ya his ass towed the line after that. You aren't the only one going through it but that doesn't make you any less important. I'd be up her ass finding out the deal. She is required to keep you updated on your case. I'd contact the Ombudsman or her supervisor! Just be prepared because she will buck!

usmcestep

Registered Member
Contact your congressman! I have contacted mine just for my initial phase of the PEB OCONUS. My issue isn't with my PEBLO though, my issue is that SECNAV Policy states that the PEB has 21 days from the day they accept my case from the OCONUS PEBLO to warrant or not warrant my case. I am on day #70 now. My Congressman contacted me last week letting me know he is going to engage them. Nothing will get fixed if you don't speak up!