Informal Physical Evaluation Board

A forum for discussing the Informal Physical Evaluation Board. Includes evidence, appeals and tips.
Hello Everyone! I am glad I came across this board. I've been waiting for results of PEB from Lackland since Thanksgiving. I was put in for L4-L5 issues, Degenerative Disc Disease, and gait/stability issues. During the holidays I could barely stand and decided to have the L4-L5 disc fusion. I am currently convalescing from the surgery. My question is do you think they have held up their decision because of the surgery? I requested retirement. I will have 21 years in April. I have an Active Duty Service Commitment until Nov 2010. My CC stated I could continue in garrison work. I wrote a letter to the board requesting retirement due to my worsening condition and also depression that I feel won't be resolved unless I am released...
Hello, I have been stalking for awhile, but this is my first post on the forums. My IPEB was sent off to AFPC before Thanksgiving as I still sit here waiting. Everyday I get a little more frustrated. I have asked my PEBLO to check on the status twice now, and she just gives me the canned answer. Anyway, I hope to find out anyday now. I have asked to be RTD but the MEB refered to IPEB. I have been diagnosed with Parsonage-Turner Syndrom, aka Brachial Plexus Neuritis, in my right arm. Basically, I can move my arm fairly normally against gravity, but can not even curl 3 lbs. My arm just locks down. I have severe strength loss, and EMG/NC tests show nerve damage in 3 muscle groups. I also have marked atrophy. The doctors say that there...
My husband has 18 years and 1 month of Active duty in the Navy. He has been dealing with back problems for awhile now and has multiple surgeries and had exhausted his limited duty. He is in need of a additional surgery. His last med board was cancelled due to lack of information, a 4th period of limited duty was awarded and he was supposed to transfer to a MTF for treatment. For whatever reason he has been given the go ahead to have his civilian doctor do his surgery without the transfer. What I'm confused about is the fact he was asked to put in a request to be transferred to fleet reserve. (I'm assuming the date requested is what would be his 20 year mark). He also mentioned that after his surgery that he would probably be put on the...
Hi, so i just got initial read by my 1SG today under Article 134. The charge was for threatening or yelling at a civilian doctor( the words and description were very basic). Currently I'm clearing unit installation docs etc and my Permissive TDY sign out date is March 8- March 17 and March 17 is my retirement date. My final out is March 6th because march 8th is a Sunday. Is my leadership able to take legal action ie change my retirement date? or do they have to act in the very short time they ahve. I also purchase a ticket march 9 to the 15 to go to New Orleans to see my wife after the Commander signed my leave form. So if he trys this Field Grade will i have to initiate another Article 138 against him if he trys revoking my trip? I...
Hi, Feb 24th a Civilian Dr. said i was cursing at her but there was fabrication to what the truth was. She is a foreign and might have misunderstood but what was said "its like you getting hit in the lower back with a baseball, thats what kind of pain i'm in. Basically because i went through my pain meds fast. Now i'm being charged with AR 117. I'm supposed to go on PTDY March 8th, March 6th final out. March 17th Retirement date. What if any effect will this recommendation for field grade have on me? Can i lose my retirement or VA benefits? I also thought only soldiers were under the UCMJ not civilians? Can you please help asap because this is a timely manner. I was on 2 controlled substances when this instance happened valium and...
Hello, I have been reading for a couple of weeks and finally decided to post and ask for help and support. My package got to Randolph on 12 Dec 08. The MDG had made a huge error and was able to MEB and forward in just 4 days. I want to stay in and continue my career, I have almost 14 years in. I have been struggling with eating disorders NOS, then Bulimia, and depression, anxiety, for about 3 years now. My symptoms greatly improved and I'm in partial recovery. I got a great CC letter from the Wg/CC and he recommended RTD because my symptoms had not affected my performance at work. They MEB'd me after I was chosen for an assignment that I really was looking forward to. (a year after they were supposed to do it). I haven't...

DES

Ok my buddy is just starting that pilot program everything i have read about this is that its faster then the old way i told him that and he said the people at med boards said it will take up to 10months are they just full of it please input so i can tell my friend.
Just got a call from the MEB- they have my packet back from the DCCS signed, and I have been referred to the PEB. Gotta be there on Monday at 1600hrs to review everything, sign some stuff and then the clock starts. I can hardly believe it, after all this time, that I finally get my "day in court". Anxious, excited, mildly euphoric..just down right spun up now. If I end being one of those that they take 11 weeks on to decide, I'm gonna be in sad sack condition! :p Tick Tock Tick Tock......... Is it back yet? No....ok....now?? How about now????
Let me give you my background: I am active duty Air Force E-6 w/ 12 years on active duty this upcoming April in the weather career field. I fractured a vertebrae in my spine during PT about 2 years ago. I was ran through the gauntlet with physical therapy, injections, pain meds and chiropractic treatment before having elective surgery on 18 Aug 08. I had a spinal fusion at the L5-S1 level with instrumentation. The surgery was a success with a complete reduction of my pre-surgical pain and nerve issues. I am not completely done healing from the surgery as I had bone grafts placed that are not 100% hardened. I am currently about 60% fused. I had range of motion testing a few weeks ago and I have no loss of motion. I had a MEB on base...
Im a CPL in the Marines last year I got in a motorcycle wreck i made a go at trying to stay in but my body wouldnt let me. My Dictation reads 1. Closed fracture of left acetabulum 2. closed fracture of left femoral shaft 3 L5 transver process fractures 4. sacral fracture. If i was cleared in a Line Of Duty report can the PEB board hold it against me? the rules of riding have changed sense my wreck and now what i did is a very bad thing. Has anyone else had these types of injures?
Salutations All! It is I Rupertsfriend42! So I have been Diagnosed with the following: Chronic Venous Insufficiency (Postphlebitic Syndrom) Varicose Veins Chondramalacia (left knee aka Petella Femoral Syndrom) Everyone is like daannngggg you're gonna get a good percentage but I guess we'll have to wait to find out :o
I have read many threads on this forum, all have been a great help, however the one thing I can not find is the answer to this. I have seen 2 civilian docs both recomend surgery to fuse my neck at the c6-7 level, both my PCM and the hopital Nuerologist (who said he is gonna board me out) said i should not, however I now have to go see the Naval Nuerosurgeon at Portsmith. The nuerologist said that they can not make you have surgery but they might "really,really want you too". I have researched Cervical Neck Fusion in great detail, I have decided that there is no way im gonna do it. Q1. Can thay make me do it? I not saying no to be difficult, just trying to protect my body from further damage, all un-biased...
My hubby received the following email, maybe it will shed some light on those that are waiting. Maybe not... Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:45 PM To: PEBLO and MEB Clerk News Subject: Case Processing Update This is just a quick note to keep y'all in the loop......we have been receiving a barrage of cases in the past few months...currently we have well over 600 case files waiting to be adjudicated by the Informal Physical Evaluation Board. We are researching different venues to get these cases processed in a timely manner-unfortunately, the only fix we can see is increasing our manpower, and I'm sure you all know how difficult a task that is!!!!! Everyone is supposed to be doing more with less, and it's not working well (at...
Hi, This is my first time posting and I need to know what to do. I suffer from Chronic Lower back pain that I take morphine twice a day for. I have sleep apnea, Cubital tunnel syndrome and severly scared lungs but the PEB found me fit for full duty. What can I do? There is no way I will ever pass a PT test or a sea duty screening. I was told I could appeal or I could be admin seperated. Please help.
Hello, I've been in the USAF MEB system for a while now. My med board was initiated on 30Mar08. I was initially returned to duty by the local board, but AFPC referred my package to the IPEB. This happened on 17Nov08. I was told today by my PEBLO that the holidays extended the decision making process from 6-8 weeks to 10-12 weeks so I could expect to hear back in 3-4 more weeks. (Given this timeline the actual time the IPEB would have my package is 13-14 weeks.) I've read most of the recent posts, but I was hoping to gauge how many others were in a similar spot. Like many in this situation, I have a job and house waiting for the AF to actually come to a decision and a recent timeline from someone dealing with the USAF would be...
I signed my results today. 90% By IPEB 70% PTSD, 50% Migraines, 50% Asthma. Other conditions 0% due to no documented visitation with VA doctor to properly rate. Conditions unfit and stable except PTSD although I have had the same level of treatment and GAF score for 4 years now. They wrote that chances of improvement are mild at best. Nice thing is all conditions even 0% are listed as Incurred Combat Zone. 100% By VA About 15 other conditions rated including things like 30% Hearing Loss, 30% Lumbar, 30% Septoplasty, 30% Conjunctivitis, 30% Pes Planus (Fun IED Blasts crushing Humvees like soda cans!) I was given 0% for several conditions both IPEB and VA since I never saw the VA doctors like I was suppose to through the...
I will keep this question as brief as possible. I have had wrist problems since 2004 after an injury on the job. Last year my case went to the IPEB and they were going to give me the boot with 10% disability because after a partial wrist fusion, I had less than 10% motion. I fought it and finally got the full wrist fusion. It has absolutly no motion and I am dealing with arthritis throughout the joint. It is fused with 10% fexion. Again, there is no motion whatsoever. Does that fall under wrist ankklyosis? Is it favorable or unfavorable? What % will they give me. Any guidance is much appreciated.
My package has just been forwarded to IPEB for: Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) Major Depression/Anxiety NOS Somatoform Disorder I have 9 years in the AF and would like to know my chances of being able to stay in. I was dx with lupus in August 08 and during more evaluations it was noted that the other two dxs were connected. Any info would help. ~Concerned :o
ALCON, I received my results yesterday: Fit for Duty. I have to say between my prayers and this website I found peace in this storm called the MEB and PEB process. I would like to thank all of you. The interesting thing is the board paperwork states "His primary limitations involving military gear and deployability, deployability is a commander's decision". My profile states "I am unable to wear combat gear" so I am not sure why the board would say it is the commander's decision. Jason thanks for creating this website.
I am looking for a little advice. I have been in treatment for PTSD for over a year now. Today I had one of my chain of command demand that I give him a copy of my medical records so a determination can be made whether or not I need to be in the treatment that I am. I almost lost it. He asked me specifics about my enocunters in Iraq and I just kind of went into a stare trying to explain the events. I just shook his hand and walked away because I felt embarassed about my condition and how do I put this all into words again for someone who is not a Psychologist or Psychiatrist. When I did walk away my evaluation report was threatened if I did not give him a date on when my MEB would be complete and what the details are of my...
Hello everyone. I am expecting my IPEB paperwork back here in the next week. I submitted it around OCT 4TH 2008. I was in a car accident in OCT 2006. I got rear ended while waiting at a red light. I've been troubled with chronic back and neck pain eversince and also reoccuring migraines about 5-6 times a month. I did physical rehab, i've seen neurologist, and i've done acupuncture, and the medical system has been trying their best to help get me back in the program, but despite all the hard work I am still having chronic pain and headaches. My MRI's and X-rays came back not showing anything wrong with my spine or anything, so not exactly sure what the problem is, my doctor said maybe its soft tissue damage or something, but...
I am a bit confused and hope that someone can shed a little light because I feel like I am in limbo right now. I am a Marine with 17.5 years of active service and was diagnosed with Dialated Cardiomiopahy in March 08. Shortly there after I had an Cardioverter Defibrilator implanted. In June a "Fit to continue active duty" finding was returned from the PEB. I accepted the finding and continue to perform my normal duties with no problem. The issue that concerns me now is what happens next... A rep from the local DAV I was speaking to about this thinks that I should have had something about Permanant Limited Duty in the Fit finding but there isn't any. He also mentioned that there is a possibility of admin discharge in my future for...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knkuro026