0% for psoriasis...anyone else have issues like this?

usmc2651usa73a

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Contracted....QTC. This is one of many mistakes I noted. This one is just a big one with 60% on the line. I would think this is a simple fix with VARR but I do not know the VA's reason for rating 0%, I can only assume it was from this mistake.

eerf123

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yeah certainly can be corrected but such a shame they can’t get it right the first time. I will be going through this myself soon, for the same condition, psoriasis With Humira use.

any lessons learned you can pass on?

usmc2651usa73a

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Well, you know my biggest issue. I guess in hindsight, I would have spelled out what Humira was on the forms QTC sent me and during the exam. I put Humira injection 40mg every two weeks since Mar 2019, but I guess I should have put immunosuppressive medication on there too. I hope you have been on it for awhile. Other issues I have seen are that people get 30% because they had not been on it for the entire 12 months.

eerf123

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yeah I’ve been on it like 15 months. Thanks for the tip about that form, I will be sure to put more detail on there.

did you have any secondary or residual things to claim based off the psoriasis?

usmc2651usa73a

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have psoriatic arthritis as well. That may be one of the issues since once the VA started prescribing my Humira they stated it was for the arthritis with no mention of psoriasis. That is why I want to know if the VA provides an explanation for the ratings.

My psoriatic arthritis is pretty well under control. I still have issues with my back, hands and feet, pain mostly in mornings and evenings. They rated me 0% for arthritis, hands and feet and 10% for lumbar strain although the rheumatologist stated back pain is part of psoriatic arthritis.

eerf123

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So do you think this was just an administrative mistake by the examiner or they intentionally did it hoping you wouldn’t contest it?

usmc2651usa73a

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I would like to think it was an administrative error. As soon as i got my MEB I raised concerns with the exams. I emailed my MSC and stated what I was concerned about. He told me it should not matter when it came to ratings, but he would put a note in the system so that the rater would see. Still I got 0%. So without knowing their exact reasoning for the rating, I am left at speculation. Oddly enough, the three issues I emailed him about turned out as I expected. Poor ratings, seemingly based on poorly completed DBQ's.

usmc2651usa73a

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have already been working on collecting documents to support my VARR. If you end up in the same situation, let me know and I can provide you with what I have gathered already. I am being told that this "hiccup" will set me back another month at least. I am on day 225 as it is....

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">