1 year in Code 37 Status (PRE IDES) Legal calls

Dfree454

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
My friend and I were talking today about how long I have been coded, and how long it’s taken me to get surgery... You know all the normal MEB complaints. My PCM and I had a conversation a few days ago, he told me that he gets a lot of flack about my case that it has not progressed into IDES and that the NARSUM is overdue. He assured me that he has my back and knows situation is out of my control. I have an appt with my off base neurosurgeon on Oct. 2 to hopefully get a surgery date then I can get my C&Ps done and move into IDES... Blah blah blah...

Who do I get a call from 5mins later? My PEBLO, he said "Hey uh, I got someone on the line legal I think. They want to know when your surgery date is." I told him the situation and that is has yet to be made however should be on the 2nd. He says "Wow, you haven’t got a date yet" No I have not my PCM knows the scope if you need some outside info. "Ok, bye"

Later I message him, I ask who was calling? "Legal" About what? "You.........status"

This guy makes me real confident....

In a year this is the 5th time I have spoken with this man, I guess legal is getting antsy about that administrative discharge... Has me a little nervous, guess I am going to be in the limelight again.
Just a rant or a concern not sure which.

Here is a question; I doubt it will see much light on the forum so I may have to start a new thread... Here it goes.

Over a year ago my SrA (E4) stripe was held from me the day before I was supposed to put it on (Due to PT failure previous to my medical diagnosis which put me on a Full Composite DLC "dead man’s wavier") As far as my unit and I were concerned I was not a SrA, however the rest of the AF i.e. MPF/HOSP/DFAS etc. thought that I was. Unknown to me I was getting paid that extra money, it put me in a higher tax bracket so the pay increase was not very noticeable ($75 or something like that).

Six months later I get an Email for Finance that stated I was in debt to the tune of about $600-700 dollars. Here is the kicker I paid all of that money back to Finance ever though half of it went to Federal Taxes, I did not see any of that money in my Tax Return either...
I also got an Email from Case Management System (CMS), after some short correspondence with them I found out that I was upgraded to SrA and that they were attempting to fix that error...Which they did.

My question is if I am not allowed to promote to SrA while I remain in the Military (Referral EPR, next EPR due in NOV should be a 4 or 5 w/out a referral) will I be Retire as a SrA or an A1C? PEBLO said its posible but I have little faith in him as it stands...

Any help would be appreciated.

Not quite sure how the AF does it, but Army side you would be seperated with E4. There are some exceptions though. Depends on time frame between loss of rank and if you are able to get that back before you leave service.