18 Year MEB Outlook

Copy, thanks! It’s been a lot of info to take in fast to get smart on the process.

Just to share my experience with you, I started my MEB process at 17 yrs 7 months, I appealed at the IPEB, FPEB, SECAF, I was approved for Limited Assignment Status at the 19yr mark, start PTDY/Terminal in 30 days and will be retired 28 Nov. The OAC can help you with your timelines, just like chaplaincharlie said, to drag your feet at every level. I think you're going to make it.

mjf114, I am looking at applying for LAS now. Would you have a copy of your personal statement that you wouldn't mind sharing? I'm working on mine right now. I have a template from OAC. I'm just trying to get ideas of what works. Please send me a PM. TIA. If not, understand! If anyone else has one, for an approved case, they'd be willing to share, all input is welcome. :)

Last edited:
@mjf114 How strong was your LAS application? I have good recommendations except my medical letters are weak.

@mjf114 How strong was your LAS application? I have good recommendations except my medical letters are weak.
I no longer have my personal statements. The LAS application, according to my attorney was very strong. I had favorable letters from 3 Colonels, 3 Lt Colonels, and 2 E-9's, one of which was my Assignments Functional Manager at AFPC. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you in hopes that LAS will allow you to hit your 20 yr mark.

I final-out for retirement this morning.

Keep us posted

mjf114, I am looking at applying for LAS now. Would you have a copy of your personal statement that you wouldn't mind sharing? I'm working on mine right now. I have a template from OAC. I'm just trying to get ideas of what works. Please send me a PM. TIA. If not, understand! If anyone else has one, for an approved case, they'd be willing to share, all input is welcome. :)
Please see below. I think I just replied to somebody else. Oops.