19 years in, 3rd BCA Failure

SDSailor

Registered Member
I have been in for 19 years and am about to fail my 3rd BCA in a row. About 2 years ago my wife tried to commit suicide 3 times, was arrested for domestic violence, was placed in a mental health facility and removed from our home, I had Child Protective Services and Family Advocacy breathing down my neck for supporting my wife and threatening to take my children if my wife, who has depression, anxiety, and bi-polar, had another issue. I went into a bad depression and was eating bad and not PTing and put on weight. My command "enabled" me I guess and looked the other way at PRT time since a was an EP Sailor and my work did not decline.

I was transferred and my new command did not have mercy on me. I failed a BCA right upon arrival. My new command tried everything to get me off the ship they could think of because as they told me to my face "we cannot deal with a Sailor who has the problems that your wife does".

I hit the gym hard and developed Plantar Fasciitis and patella tendonitis which put me on the sideline again. PRT is now 3 weeks away and I am not in standards and know I will fail. I am 8 months from retirement, will they separate me? Is there anything I can do?

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I have been in for 19 years and am about to fail my 3rd BCA in a row. About 2 years ago my wife tried to commit suicide 3 times, was arrested for domestic violence, was placed in a mental health facility and removed from our home, I had Child Protective Services and Family Advocacy breathing down my neck for supporting my wife and threatening to take my children if my wife, who has depression, anxiety, and bi-polar, had another issue. I went into a bad depression and was eating bad and not PTing and put on weight. My command "enabled" me I guess and looked the other way at PRT time since a was an EP Sailor and my work did not decline.

I was transferred and my new command did not have mercy on me. I failed a BCA right upon arrival. My new command tried everything to get me off the ship they could think of because as they told me to my face "we cannot deal with a Sailor who has the problems that your wife does".

I hit the gym hard and developed Plantar Fasciitis and patella tendonitis which put me on the sideline again. PRT is now 3 weeks away and I am not in standards and know I will fail. I am 8 months from retirement, will they separate me? Is there anything I can do?
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, I am deeply saddened to hear about your current situation and shall pray that all continues to get better for you and your family! :(

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the U.S. Navy's regulatory requirements for physical fitness and body composition standards albeit other PEB Forum members with targeted pin-pointed sound insightful information shall hopefully comment soon. As such, please take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

nwlivewire

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, I am deeply saddened to hear about your current situation and shall pray that all continues to get better for you and your family! :(

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the U.S. Navy's regulatory requirements for physical fitness and body composition standards albeit other PEB Forum members with targeted pin-pointed sound insightful information shall hopefully comment soon. As such, please take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!
Is there any way you can put your packet in for retirement - NOW - before you PRT? I know the Army lets Soldiers do that - up to a year ahead of their 20 year mark.

Have to talked to Legal/JAG about this?

nwlivewire

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member

Is there any way you can put your packet in for retirement - NOW - before you PRT? I know the Army lets Soldiers do that - up to a year ahead of their 20 year mark.

Have to talked to Legal/JAG about this?

nwlivewire

scoutCC

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have no idea how useful it would be, but doesn't targetting a SM because of their family members fall under EO? EO complaints end up with pretty high visibility, which may or may not help you out.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">