1st disability check

kgolec10

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So i retired from the navy 28NOV with 100% disability .. they said 30-60 days until i get my first check and its been over 30 and i know the VA pays the 1st of every month. Do i have to go a whole month whithout a paycheck again..

It should not have been like that with your DOD check. Average wait is 30-45 days, unless you owe something then audit may take longer. As far as the VA pay average wait is about 60-90 days or may be longer and varies by case. Hopefully that helps

It should not have been like that with your DOD check. Average wait is 30-45 days, unless you owe something then audit may take longer. As far as the VA pay average wait is about 60-90 days or may be longer and varies by case. Hopefully that helps

My VA kicked in on the beginning of the 4th month after I discharged.

I discharged in a mid-APR.

Got my VA in my bank account on an 01 AUG.

I was "finalized" rated at 100% P&T VA. Initially, I was awarded 90% IU.

So, the double-check from VA before payment was a positive thing for me.

Check MyPay to see if they have posted a change in benefits notice to your account.

When the VA has "finalized" your claim, they send their award data to DFAS.

DFAS inputs the VA into their system and DFAS sends you a snail-mail hard copy of change of benefits - who pays, how much and when the change is going to happen.

Sometimes, this notice will post sooner on your MyPay computer account, so you will get a heads up sooner this way than waiting for snail-mail.

nwlivewire