29/Balboa USMC Timeline

HKS

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Stationed in 29, going through the Balboa PEBLO as that is where my referring doc was.
  • August 2020: Referred to PEB
  • September: Met with PEBLO
  • September: Signed VA FORM 21-526EZ
  • October: All VA C&P Exams scheduled
  • November 23rd: Last VA exam completed
  • December 18th: All QTC Findings and NARSUM returned.
  • December 23rd: A second case was opened and closed on VA.gov, no idea what this means and the VA won't tell me
  • January 6th: Everything signed and sent to the PEB
  • January 13th: Medical board case has been accepted by the PEB for action on MOL.
Just got off the phone with my PEBLO and VA, still nothing. Will update as I go.

A first claim is opened by the VA to access your health ISO the MEB.

A second claim is opened to pay the veteran upon separation/retirement.

• December 23rd: A second case was opened and closed on VA.gov, no idea what this means and the VA won't tell me
  • January 13th: Medical board case has been accepted by the PEB for action on MOL.
  • Feb 11: Found unfit. 40% DoD/100% VA. Accepted Findings and signed.
  • Feb 16: Received notification the 29 Palms PEBLO sent docs to Balboa PEBLO. Awaiting them being sent to DC and then to HQMC for new EAS.

Very fast turn around. Did they ever tell you about the second case on VA.gov? I’ve been trying to track my case on there but can’t get much.

From what I have found, and was referenced briefly above, the first is for the QTC and tracking, the second is final percentages and payment.

• Feb 11: Found unfit. 40% DoD/100% VA. Accepted Findings and signed.
  • Feb 16: Received notification the 29 Palms PEBLO sent docs to Balboa PEBLO. Awaiting them being sent to DC and then to HQMC for new EAS.
  • March 1: EAS updates to March 30
  • March 5: Complete Checkout, DD-214 Drafting. Terminal Start Date 3/15

Fast turn around man, my case accepted the 18th, starting to loose my patience because there’s federal jobs I would like to apply to but I can’t

Fast turn around man, my case accepted the 18th, starting to loose my patience because there’s federal jobs I would like to apply to but I can’t
yeah, I feel that. You can always apply and put a Letter in your apps stating the situation, worst they do is say no. Also, highly recommend looking into Operation Warfighter. Its an internship program you can do while active. I did it for a while during my process, I walked away with a killer addition to my resume and two glowing recommendations, and they were trying really hard to get me to apply to a position but it was out of state of where I wanted to move.

yes the wounded warrior internship form? I just got it approved today, but my section keeps holding onto me, it’s like impossible.

yes the wounded warrior internship form? I just got it approved today, but my section keeps holding onto me, it’s like impossible.
Personally, I would cause a ruckus. Technically yes, they have the power to say no and hold you. However, if you stir enough pots about how its a Skillbridge/Transition benefit that will benefit you in the long run, I don't think any competent SNCOIC/OIC would hold you. If they do, request mast, make them tell you exactly why they are holding you and have them explain that to higher. Again, this is only me, and fairly close to what I had to do to get approved, and I think it was worth the few days of frustration.