2nd Period of LIMDU PEB

NavyATC

Registered Member
I have been diagnosed with degenerative disc disease and had a severely ruptured L5 Disc that was operated on in January 2015 and was placed on my first period of LIMDU. I recently have been having sever left leg pain and cannot stand. I had a spinal epidural steroid injection just this past Friday and am on numerous medications for pain and inflammation. I have also had right ankle surgery to remove bone spurs and have not said anything yet about the spurs in my left ankle. My Docs wanted to see how I faired after the epidural, but I told them that was unacceptable as to the fact that I only have 7 months left on my contract and that I am severely disabled. (Every time I go to flight med I am either kneeling or lying on the floor due to pain.) I told them that I wanted to be placed on LIMDU and get a Medical Board because of the obvious fact that I can’t work and that I need to do everything possible to protect myself. I am supposed to be meeting with my flight doc this coming week to sign the LIMDU paper work and I need advice on what I can expect and what I should be doing to help my situation. I cannot stand for more than a few minutes without being in pain and only lay down while I am at home. I get friends to help me shop and do other errands. Thank you very much.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">