2nd time denied for TSGLI.

sniper563

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I just received my 2nd denial for TSGLI the 1st time I was asked to submit documents supporting my claim. They actually told me what they needed. I was claiming ADL losses, and my doctor is the one who filled out that portion of paperwork. This is what i received today........

your inability to perform two or more ADLs for at lest 30 days must also be verified by a medical professional.

Because the medical documentation did not support your inability to perform two or more ADLs for at least 30 consecutive days, your branch of service could not approve your claim.

Not really sure how when it was all done by a medical professional he is my surgeon????

Did the doc state which ADL's and for what time period? Hard to guess what is going on with the claim, but, those two elements being the ones at issue, I would start there and see if there is some reason the TSGLI is being denied that makes sense.

The one the doctor filled out actually had Four ADLs that i was unable to perform for the period of 30 days. Actually six weeks, but it remained very vague on which standards werent met. Im going to call the hotline tomorrow and try and see if they can clarify. I was told that you are only allotted three two appeals, so I would least like to know what they need as far as information.

Thanks Jason.

The one the doctor filled out actually had Four ADLs that i was unable to perform for the period of 30 days. Actually six weeks, but it remained very vague on which standards werent met. Im going to call the hotline tomorrow and try and see if they can clarify. I was told that you are only allotted three two appeals, so I would least like to know what they need as far as information.

Thanks Jason.

Do you have any nurse notes, showing what was done for you or notes proving what you couldn't do and needed help with, when I did my TSGLI they wanted paperwork to backup what my doc wrote on the form

I don't but the nurse said if I needed anything to ask so maybe that is the route I'll take.

I don't but the nurse said if I needed anything to ask so maybe that is the route I'll take.

Just make sure everything is dated for the time period your ADL was loss