3rd BCA failure and no waiver

Dragonchino

Registered Member
Hello all.
I have had a rough few years, to be honest, and I am hoping one of the experts on here can give me some guidance. I failed a PRT for cycle 2012-2, and then passed the next one, and transferred to a ship. While there, a BCA was conducted (incorrectly) measuring my height with a piece of masking tape on a wall, and measurments rounded incorrectly. CMC was supposed to has my record corrected and did not. Shortly after, I broke my foot, and was placed in a CAM-Boot and told no shipboard duty until it was healed. The ship did not allow me to leave, and I continued having to work onboard, and in drydock conditions. This resulted in me tearing the labrum in both hips. I was sent LIMDU to my current command, and had one corrective procedure completed for the broken foot, and one for the right hip, but did not have enough time from my EAOS to complete the second hip surgery. It has been nearly two years that I have been disabled in one way or another, and am restricted from PT, but required to minimize my physical exertion. While I was able to pass the first and second BCA while going through this process, I failed, what was, my third BCA the first cycle this year, because they continuously cite the "inability to exercise" not be enough justification for a waiver, which is completely ridiculous, dieting only gets you so far. So now I have been going through the PEB process, and just recieved my findings, and I was found to be fit. In both the NMA and the doctors assessment, it is noted that I COULD be found fit pending completion of the surgery on my left hip. So, if I accept the Fit finding, I will be facing ADMIN SEP for BCA, and will not be able to screen for Shipboard Sea Duty or any other Sea platform. I have no idea what I should do here. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Hello all.
I have had a rough few years, to be honest, and I am hoping one of the experts on here can give me some guidance. I failed a PRT for cycle 2012-2, and then passed the next one, and transferred to a ship. While there, a BCA was conducted (incorrectly) measuring my height with a piece of masking tape on a wall, and measurments rounded incorrectly. CMC was supposed to has my record corrected and did not. Shortly after, I broke my foot, and was placed in a CAM-Boot and told no shipboard duty until it was healed. The ship did not allow me to leave, and I continued having to work onboard, and in drydock conditions. This resulted in me tearing the labrum in both hips. I was sent LIMDU to my current command, and had one corrective procedure completed for the broken foot, and one for the right hip, but did not have enough time from my EAOS to complete the second hip surgery. It has been nearly two years that I have been disabled in one way or another, and am restricted from PT, but required to minimize my physical exertion. While I was able to pass the first and second BCA while going through this process, I failed, what was, my third BCA the first cycle this year, because they continuously cite the "inability to exercise" not be enough justification for a waiver, which is completely ridiculous, dieting only gets you so far. So now I have been going through the PEB process, and just recieved my findings, and I was found to be fit. In both the NMA and the doctors assessment, it is noted that I COULD be found fit pending completion of the surgery on my left hip. So, if I accept the Fit finding, I will be facing ADMIN SEP for BCA, and will not be able to screen for Shipboard Sea Duty or any other Sea platform. I have no idea what I should do here. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, I am saddened to hear about the challenges with your medical conditions at this point to include the "fit for duty" determination by the DoD IDES PEB! :(

Hmm, have you sought the advice of the DoD IDES legal office at this point in time PRIOR to accepting the PEB findings to include asking about your specific question as stated above? :confused: Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">