5 years and 10 months of service, no seperation pay?

DJR

Registered Member
My question is I just failed BCA for the 3rd time, and I have untill january 2nd to hit my six year mark, How long does the ADSEP process take and will it count towards my six years? will I get the 1/2 seperation pay if I am discharged officialy after January 2nd? I'm worried and I have a tight budget with family depending on me, and that seperation pay would help keep our home from going under, at least until I find a job that pays as much as an E6 in the military.

pittpan2005

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
The clock will keep running during the process. Is there a potential underlying medical condition? Also, what branch?

alibs

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
My question is I just failed BCA for the 3rd time, and I have untill january 2nd to hit my six year mark, How long does the ADSEP process take and will it count towards my six years? will I get the 1/2 seperation pay if I am discharged officialy after January 2nd? I'm worried and I have a tight budget with family depending on me, and that seperation pay would help keep our home from going under, at least until I find a job that pays as much as an E6 in the military.
Branch of Service?
In the Navy it depends on the command, but thay are mandated ASAP, like 30-60 days after the offical end date of the PT cycle. I was lucky, my surgon put me up for a MEB b4 I failed my second, and when I failed my 3rd, I was already in the PEB stage and thay could not kick me out till I finished my PEB. That gave me and extra 6 months to plan my civ life.

DJR

Registered Member
Thank-you for your timely responses. I'm in the Navy, and I don't have medical related issues with my weight and it's been a nightmare since I joined up. I have always been consistent with my weight and it's a struggle to pass every single time. I was 22% at the end of boot camp and in the last 5 1/2 years I've never been below 21% according to that tape measure. I am in great shape that tape measure just disagrees It may have something to do with the person who measures you too, you got to see my PRIMS my neck size jumps all over hell and back 15" all the way up to 17.5" just get bad combinations and this is what happens.... you failed...

I am still waiting on the PRT cycle to complete and getting the ADSEP process started.

I have another question, what happens to all this leave I have on the books, 56 days! Does it get sold back or is there an option to take terminal leave? I still have no idea how long this will take I've been told 15 at the very least, if it gets stretched out for 60 days I'd be safe.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">