80%-100% Rating

jloaf7815

Registered Member
Hello everyone, I recently went from 80%-100% disability and I was wondering what the time frame for your back pay was? I just called the VA and they didn't give me a definite answer whether I was getting back pay or not. When I was increased before I got my back pay before I knew anything about my rating increase. I already got my letter about my rating information but the VA said I would be getting a separate notification letter regarding the increased pay. Thank you, everyone, again for your time and effort and I hope everyone has a great holiday!

Best Regards,
Justin L

USAFDawg

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello everyone, I recently went from 80%-100% disability and I was wondering what the time frame for your back pay was? I just called the VA and they didn't give me a definite answer whether I was getting back pay or not. When I was increased before I got my back pay before I knew anything about my rating increase. I already got my letter about my rating information but the VA said I would be getting a separate notification letter regarding the increased pay. Thank you, everyone, again for your time and effort and I hope everyone has a great holiday!

Best Regards,
Justin L
I need to find the reference, but I believe the back pay goes back to your claim date, except if within a year after separation/retirement....then I believe it goes back to that date.

USAFDawg

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I need to find the reference, but I believe the back pay goes back to your claim date, except if within a year after separation/retirement....then I believe it goes back to that date.
Here is what I found:

"The effective date for a disability that was caused—or made worse—by military service is whichever of these comes later:

• The date we get your claim, or
  • The date you first got your illness or injury (also known as the date your entitlement arose)
If we get your claim within one year of the day you left active service, the effective date can be as early as the day following separation."

Sullysull48

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was granted increase/service connections on 08/12/2018. Back pay was deposited into my account on 01l15/2019.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">