A lot of confusion

Dakotairvine98

Registered Member
Hello, I am facing a MEB in about a month and I'm trying to get my eggs in a row. I was diagnosed with chronic asthma and vocal cord dysfunction post deployment. I have a ridiculous amount of documentation that states both. With only 3 years in, would it be better to go with the LDES MEB and move on with life since I'm really only looking at 20% disability?

jessicad231

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello, I am facing a MEB in about a month and I'm trying to get my eggs in a row. I was diagnosed with chronic asthma and vocal cord dysfunction post deployment. I have a ridiculous amount of documentation that states both. With only 3 years in, would it be better to go with the LDES MEB and move on with life since I'm really only looking at 20% disability?
The LDES process can go extremely fast. In my humble opinion, I would only opt for LDES, if it's even an option for you, only if you have something generous already lined up on the other side. Otherwise, stay in, tie up loose ends, stack those active duty paychecks and knock out the your service and VA processes under the IDES.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">