ACDU 11 Years, MEB Referral Questions

Drenerk

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello Everyone,

I was recently referred for a MEB by my PCM. Nothing has happened yet and I have not heard of any action taking place. My doctor told me I would need a narrative from him and my command. Does this seem normal? Is it possible for it not to go through to an actual MEB? It’s been two weeks since I was told I’m being referred for a MEB.

The reason I bring this up is my EAS is at the end of this year. I was planning on getting out and did not consider being out on a medical board. I have had my VSO appointment scheduled for a couple months now. I was hoping to submit for the benefits upon discharge route.

The VSO has suggested holding off as the MEB will cover it. Me not hearing anything makes me wonder if it’s even going to happen.

I’d really like some advice, experience or insight. I’m not sure if I should go to my appointment next week to submit my VA claim or not. I meet with my PCM Tuesday and my VSO appointment is on Monday. Would going to the VSO hurt me in the IDES process?

Super new here and appreciate your patience. I tried combing through the threads for a similar questions but had no luck.

Thank you!

Brothers and sisters. I know it’s only been a few hours but I’m desperate. Please advise.

Hello,

Re: "I’d really like some advice, experience or insight. I’m not sure if I should go to my appointment next week to submit my VA claim or not. I meet with my PCM Tuesday and my VSO appointment is on Monday. Would going to the VSO hurt me in the IDES process? "
I know almost nothing about the MEB process; however, your veterans service officer (VSO) likely has a significant amount of experience with the VA claim process.

VA compensation will not be paid until you are retired; therefore, you are not losing any money at this time.

The effective date for your VA compensation can be no earlier than the day after your last day on active duty.

A comment about boards such as this one.

--Most of the people who visit these type boards ask a question, receive an answer and then...are never seen again. Very few hang around to answer questions and no one is assigned to patrol the various forums within the board and provide answers.

--Your experience of not receiving an answer within a few hours is not uncommon in my opinion.

Recommend you touch base with @chaplaincharlie and or @oddpedestrian. @tony292 is another with wide expertise.

If you have questions related to retired pay or CRSC, I would be glad to help you.

Good luck,
Ron

I would wait to talk to the PCM first your not six months out till July so you still have time before you can file a BDD claim.

Last edited:
MEBs are notoriously slow. There are many internal checks and balances. So being told about and MEB and then hearing nothings for two weeks is not abnormal. It is in fact very normal.

As for your separation, if an MEB is commenced, you will be placed on medical hold.