active duty army physician PEB

thisdocneedshelp

Registered Member
Hello all-

I am an active duty physician previously found unfit by the informal PEB (received my ratings) to have the decision changed with my 199. I am now awaiting a formal board. Does anyone know of physicians found unfit due to being on an injectable biologic/unable to due any part of the APFT/ACFT due to anaphylaxis? Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated. This has been a long lonely process and there seems to be a large bias against physicians with the board.

Thank you

So sorry to hear you are going thru this. Fight the fight, because most illnesses don't get better after medical retirement, they tend to get worse.

You are no doubt correct please see the thread below

So in my 3rd peb it wasn’t until my credentials were amended and my state board notified that I was found unfit. The bias against medical providers is huge.

So in my 3rd peb it wasn’t until my credentials were amended and my state board notified that I was found unfit. The bias against medical providers is huge.
What did JP do in your FPEB the third time?

What did JP do in your FPEB the third time?
He worked his magic I guess!! Seriously though it was just an organized presentation of the facts. Mine wound up being via telephone but he just asked questions, walked me through the facts. I prayed really hard and I think we both still felt like it was a miracle to be found unfit. The navy was very tough. He was very helpful in getting me prepared for the board and giving insight on things to focus or not focus on. On the navy side at least it seems like if your credentials are fully intact you aren’t getting out.

He worked his magic I guess!! Seriously though it was just an organized presentation of the facts. Mine wound up being via telephone but he just asked questions, walked me through the facts. I prayed really hard and I think we both still felt like it was a miracle to be found unfit. The navy was very tough. He was very helpful in getting me prepared for the board and giving insight on things to focus or not focus on. On the navy side at least it seems like if your credentials are fully intact you aren’t getting out.
Thank you for sharing.

Any update on this? I am actually in the SAME exact boat. Active duty physician. Prelim IPEB memo stated unfit and I received my VA ratings. PEBLO told me to start looking for post-military employment. 199 came down today that states FFD.