adding service connected medical issues

Chinook

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Hey guys,

I once more need advice...I was just thinking about what happened at my VA visit and my med "exam" (more like an interview) at the VA Hospital.

I forgot about a serious issue that happened about 5 years ago...:rolleyes:.

I almost died because of the Typhoid Vaccination I received. I was more concerned about my back pain at the time of my interview!! :)

Anyway, it was serum sickness...I'm laughing now, but I certainly wasn't at the time...I probably put the experience out of my mind...

Should I just write a letter to my local VA here and send the letter to the VA Hospital C& P people. I don't know if I have any problems now---but who knows what could happen later...I'm sure I'll be glowing one day...Thanks for your input!

If you have no residual issues, then you will be found to not suffer from a current disability, which is required for service connection. This is not to say that in the future, this could not be service connected. Just sounds like not the case now.

Thank you Jason,

You'd think by now I'd have a clue :rolleyes:. My family was telling me that the VA should know about it, and then I started thinking about it...and then I really thought I should say something. I'll make sure I keep my records safe. I have no problems right now and so that makes sense...

Thank you again for your expertise!!! I'm still in the middle of all the VA stuff. I know this too shall pass. :)