Admin sep for PRT failures

babyDOC

Registered Member
I’m not sure if this is the correct forum but hoping to find the answers or be pointed in the right direction. I'm currently being separated for my 3rd consecutive PRT failure (failing to meet the weight standards). Although I have struggled with my weight through half of my 10 year naval career, I have always passed every cycle until this last year. In April of 2013 I was diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) which significantly contributes to my weight gain and difficulty to lose the weight. The condition is not waiverable as its manageable yet the Medical Provider acknowledges (in writing through a personal statement) the difficulty to manage the condition. I have followed all the recommendations: nutritionist, change in diet significantly reducing caloric intake, medication for the condition and a PT regiment in addition to FEP. In a 4 month time frame, I have only been able to lose 11 lbs and 6% BCA. I am not on any MEB or PEB. Can you please advise on 1) what are my options 2) what are my chances of winning a provisionary extension or winning the case all together if I fight for retention and 3) what step do I need to take to build a solid case in my favor? Thank you.

I’m not sure if this is the correct forum but hoping to find the answers or be pointed in the right direction. I'm currently being separated for my 3rd consecutive PRT failure (failing to meet the weight standards). Although I have struggled with my weight through half of my 10 year naval career, I have always passed every cycle until this last year. In April of 2013 I was diagnosed with Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) which significantly contributes to my weight gain and difficulty to lose the weight. The condition is not waiverable as its manageable yet the Medical Provider acknowledges (in writing through a personal statement) the difficulty to manage the condition. I have followed all the recommendations: nutritionist, change in diet significantly reducing caloric intake, medication for the condition and a PT regiment in addition to FEP. In a 4 month time frame, I have only been able to lose 11 lbs and 6% BCA. I am not on any MEB or PEB. Can you please advise on 1) what are my options 2) what are my chances of winning a provisionary extension or winning the case all together if I fight for retention and 3) what step do I need to take to build a solid case in my favor? Thank you.
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Unfortunately, I shall defer your particular situation for widest dissemination to other PEB Forum members who can potentially provide targeted feedback. Take care and please continue to enjoy life! :cool:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!