Advice for FPEB

Cody1

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I received 20% DOD and 80% VA ratings today. I will be appealing and was wondering if anyone has any advice for me. It would be much appreciated. My referring condition was a back injury. I was rated 20% for lumbar spine DDD/pain. The VA gave also gave me 10% for left sciatica and 10% for right sciatica. My hope is that I can argue that the sciatica and DDD should be combined.

oddpedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
If only unfitting is the back you have to be as stiff as a board to get the 40% rating request a new exam if you believe it was incorrect the combine theory will probably be denied.

gillys1

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I received 20% DOD and 80% VA ratings today. I will be appealing and was wondering if anyone has any advice for me. It would be much appreciated. My referring condition was a back injury. I was rated 20% for lumbar spine DDD/pain. The VA gave also gave me 10% for left sciatica and 10% for right sciatica. My hope is that I can argue that the sciatica and DDD should be combined.
How was the appeal? And what % did you get? Where you able to get the radiculopathy added? If so how? Going through the same problem (lumbar fusion) with my husband! Thanks

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">