Advice needed. frustrated and worried

Thanks, I do feel we are making progress but sometimes it seems too slow. I have the package almost ready to send out, just need to get the CD from my last MRI/x-ray and make a copy of everything in case it gets lost. It just seems this has completly consumed my life. I'm a fighter and I'm in this for the long haul.

Well, I had the bright idea of going to work today even thou they said I could have the week off. I was there about an hour and had a breathing attach. On my way to medical I had another what I can only explain as a kidney attach. They put me on oxygen which helped my breathing and I had my wife bring my pain pills from home the gace me a ride. I just don't understand how I can have these attachs almost daily where I can barely breath and I'm in so much pain I'm in tears and they can not find anything wrong. I've been to the ER 4 times now and the last time they did nothing but send me home.

I had another minor attach tonight. Started with the breathing and ended with the side pain. Been searching the internet and can't find anything even close to the symptoms I'm having.

I talked to my PEBLO and found out today the Navy has found me unfit, nothing shocking there. My paperwork was sent to the VA on January 11th and I should have my answer from them by within 45 days. Now the problems. I have become significantly worse since the initial paperwork so I need to send in an addendum from pulmanry and rehumatology. Also going for more test tomorrow as we may have found the reason for the abdominal pain I have been having. If the doc is correct we can ad another desease to the list as well. I don't know if any one is reading any of this but it helps me by using it like a journal.

Just to let you know I'm reading but I don't know what to tell you. I would assume they will be starting a new MEB on you depending what the new issue is. I can't imagine they really think you are fit for duty so fight them if they try to admin you and please let us know.

Good luck

I'm following your case, I know things are medically gettign worse for you and I am sorry, and i hate that our doctors seem to play more whak-a-mole medicine than actually using medical science to determine problems. But it does seem that atleast there is movement in your case and you may be able to star seeing some light somewhere off in the distance soon.

Thanks guys. It just gets so frustrating but it does seem we are moving in the right direction. The strange thing about today is my doc called while I was having an attach. I know how strange this sounds but he had me drink a glass of orange juice and it helped. I have no clue how the hell it worked but it gave him an idea of what may be wrong. The wife was on the phone with him so I have no idea what he thinks it is, she just said it was some very rare disease. I figure, what the hell ad another to the list. So I'm off to the hospital in the morning for another round of tests, I realy hope they figure it out soon. I'm a 43 year old man and feel like I handle pain well since I've lived with it for years but this new side pain crap is unreal. I told him if he stops the pain I'll stop chewing. LOL

I also should have added I talked to my PEBLO today and we are getting addendums to send to the VA since I've developed new sysmptoms as well as the old stuff getting worse. I need to set another meeting up with JAG also.

I had a pretty good day today for a change, no major attacks for the first time in a couple of weeks. Also got a big new bottle of pain pills which helps. Spent a couple hours at the hospital getting the new tests done and can't wait to hear the results. They were marked stat so who knows how long that will take. I even went out and played fetch with my dog for the first time in I don't know how long. Back to the hospital tomorrow for speach therapy to try and figure out why I can't talk half the time. Also been out of work for almost two weeks now so starting to feel rested for the first time in months. That's all for now, I'll keep you posted.

808 glad you have found happiness; its the little things in life that make this all worth it..

godspeed

I went last week and had an MRI of my back since it has been giving me a lot of pain again. I knew I had degenerative disc desease between L5-S1 and that was submitted in my paperwork to the VA. The new MRI shows it has spread and now I have it between L3-L4 also and both have bulging discs. I'm calling Monday for a consult to see what the heck I can do about it. I have a copy of the MRI and it looks pretty bad. Seems like one step forward two steps back. With all the new issues since my papers were submitted its going to seem like starting all over with the new issues.

curious on what it specifically says about the bulging discs, for example does it say "broad-based bulge, small and so fourth". also does it state anything on the type of stenosis it's causing? also, anything that says "disc-protrusion" is a confirmation that something is really bad and possibly hitting your nerve canal.

godspeed

I have yet to see a doctor for their reading nut this is copied off the disc from the MRI. I realy don't understand much of what it says.

Diagnostic Report:

Diagnosis:

INTERPRETED ON: 18 January 2012

MRI, LUMBAR SPINE: 13 January 2012

IMPRESSION: Moderate right L5 foraminal narrowing due to disc and bone.
Bilateral pars lysis at L5 was of minimal anterolisthesis.

INDICATION: Pain.

TECHNIQUE: Multiplane, multisequence imaging was procured.

FINDINGS: There is degenerative disc disease at L3-L4 through L5-S1 with
bilateral pars lysis at L5 and a minimal anterolisthesis. The visualized
neuraxis is unremarkable.

L5-S1: There is mild to moderate right L5 foraminal narrowing due to
apophyseal joint disease and a lateral extension of an annular bulge. There
is somewhat hypoplastic left apophyseal joint.

L4-L5: An annular bulge is present without central or lateral stenosis.
There are moderate osteoarthritic changes.

L3-L4, L2-L3, L1-L2: The L1-L2 and L2-L3 levels are unremarkable. At L3-L4
there is no evidence of a disc herniation, central or lateral stenosis.

CVB/crw

Transcribed Date and Time: 01/19/2012 06:39:00
Dictated and Signed by: DR. BUNDSCHUH, CARL

I've been off steroids for a week now and all my joint pains are coming back along with a general feeling like crap. The pian pills help hold off the abdomin pain most of the time. My next round of appoinments start next week, I'm curiuos to see the new labs. I'm going to talk about trying new meds as the ones I'm on are not helping much. I also switched my pulmanry doc so we will see how that works out. I'll keep you all posted. Oh, I also see ortho spine in two weeks to get an official reaading of the MRI.

We may have the side/abdominal pain figured out. Anyone ever herd of abdominal migrains? We started treating the pain with a combination of norco and imetrex and the pain goes away in about a half hour to 45 minutes. My doc says there is no way to prove that is what it is but at this point I don't care as long as the pain is gone. Also had my MRI read by the doc finaly. He had a different view than the one I have on my disc and on his you can clearly see that my back is broken allowing my spine to slide forward and back. He seems to feel the only solution is spinal fusion which I'm not to crazy about. I see the ortho spine doc on the 16th for a second opinion. The bad part about all this is my ratings should be back from the VA any day now. I also switched my pulmanry doc since my other was incompetent. My new doc ordered a couple of tests that should determine for sure if I have asthma or my lung problems are a result of my mixed connective tissue disease. So now I'm concerned that with all the new issues since I have sent my package off it's going to be like starting over. My lawyer said to wait and see the results then we willl decide how to proceed. Also waiting on the NAVADMIN on TERA.

A little update. Since the change in some of my meds I have been feeling a little better. I am going to start going to work again going every other day to start with and see how that goes. I need to put in some face time so I can try for permanent LIMDU. I'm also goign to try and have the spinal fusion which should buy me more time and get me closer to my 20. I go for more tests next week and should get the results from the test last week so we will see.

My results are in. In typical Navy fashion I have to wait untill next Tuesday to find out. It's going to be a long week.

Thanks and I will. It went much faster than I thought. I was found unfit on January 11th so only 33 days for the findings to come in.

Got my results yesterday and I'm not too happy. I should add that I am now over 18 years.

Navy 0%
VA 70%

My lawyer and PEBLO are working on a few things and its sounds like a trip to DC is in my future.