Advice Please- Fit turned Unfit, but Bipolar rated secondary

Mallory24

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I was originally found Fit for Duty with a referred condition Bipolar 2 and OCD (unspecified)

I submitted a reconsideration request and was given a formal board. The board has reconsidered and I have been found unfit, BUT the issue is..
My OCD was the unfitting condition, and Bipolar has been rated as a secondary to the OCD.

Both of my conditions are severe, however the BP is chronically worse and such is indicated in medical records. Does this matter? Is there any chance to have this fixed if I go to a formal board??

I am at a loss and not sure what to think of this. A victory, yes, but I feel very strongly it is unfair.

Typically you only get one rating for all MH illnesses. So it really does matter which MH issue was found unfitting, you get the same rating! MH compensation is based on your occupational and social functioning. VA examiners don't divide the percentage when their are comorbidities. It should all work out!

I was originally found Fit for Duty with a referred condition Bipolar 2 and OCD (unspecified)

I submitted a reconsideration request and was given a formal board. The board has reconsidered and I have been found unfit, BUT the issue is..
My OCD was the unfitting condition, and Bipolar has been rated as a secondary to the OCD.

Both of my conditions are severe, however the BP is chronically worse and such is indicated in medical records. Does this matter? Is there any chance to have this fixed if I go to a formal board??

I am at a loss and not sure what to think of this. A victory, yes, but I feel very strongly it is unfair.
Just curious what branch are you Bipolar 2 is one of my unfitting conditions Im navy, just wonder because of the fit finding which service deemed you fit at first a little surprising for the condition.