script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

AF Reserve AGR-IRILO for Migraines

Redcal77

Registered Member
I have searched this forum but have been unable to find an answer. I am on an AGR tour in the AF Reserves for the past 6 years. I was notified back in April that an IRILO had been directed due to my migraines and I had been on BOTOX over a year, I am now on Emgality. My CC non recommended me for retention due to being on quarters so much and essentially unable to do my job. My IRILO went to AFRC SG who RTD with a C3 code June 3. Is there any way I can fight this? The local MTF/PEBLO is saying there is nothing I can do. I have 18 1/2 total years in,15 which is AD time, my current AGR order ends this year. It is going to be very difficult to transfer to a TR position with a C3 code for two reasons- 1) I am C3 coded and it will take CC endorsement and 2)I can retire in 18 months. I feel like I have pretty much just been screwed...
Does anyone one have insight on any options I may have, everything I have tried becomes a dead end.

Provis

I have searched this forum but have been unable to find an answer. I am on an AGR tour in the AF Reserves for the past 6 years. I was notified back in April that an IRILO had been directed due to my migraines and I had been on BOTOX over a year, I am now on Emgality. My CC non recommended me for retention due to being on quarters so much and essentially unable to do my job. My IRILO went to AFRC SG who RTD with a C3 code June 3. Is there any way I can fight this? The local MTF/PEBLO is saying there is nothing I can do. I have 18 1/2 total years in,15 which is AD time, my current AGR order ends this year. It is going to be very difficult to transfer to a TR position with a C3 code for two reasons- 1) I am C3 coded and it will take CC endorsement and 2)I can retire in 18 months. I feel like I have pretty much just been screwed...
Does anyone one have insight on any options I may have, everything I have tried becomes a dead end.
It would be crazy for you to apply for a reserve retirement when you have so many years on AD. Also, since your are AGR you won't retire when you hit 20 reserve years. You retire when you hit 20 AD years. Unfortunately, the only way to get this done is for another IRILO. That may mean that you reup your contract so that you are no longer 18 months out.

If you can't reup when you are getting out they should do a medical exam. It's required for coming off of active duty. During that exam if they find a medically qualify condition they are supposed retain you and put you in IDES. I would not risk it going that route! The AF can just say you are fit with limitations and let you go into the Reserves. That's not a great plan. So hopefully you can Reup your contract through your 20 active duty years in AGR so that you have the time to focus on your health and eventually get into IDES.