AGR ANG Timeline

Fibrogirl

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
That is a ridiculously fast timeline from the code 37 to where you are. I am hoping mine timeline goes in a similar fashion. I have had to wait 48 days for my final VA exam. Apparently the VA hospital in Kansas City is crazy busy right now.
[/QUO

I'm a WPAFB also... Amber Fralick is my PEBLO and she seems to be very knowledgeable and keeps me in the loop, as much as she can. It also helps that she's personally been MEB'd, so she understands the frustrations we face. I've been waiting for my VA exams to come back for 49 days now. I had +30 claims including my 3 referred conditions (Moderate->Severe Fibro with resistance to treatment, Hypermobility Sydnrome, and PTSD). i HATE the unknowns and the waiting process...I just want to start my new chapter in life. (Stay-at-home mom) :)

heathro1281

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was called by my PEBLO and notified of my ratings :

Keep in mind, my enlistment that I am on will get me to 20 years of service on 19 Sep 2020 with an ETS of 30 Sep 2020. I have not signed for a 20 year retirement date yet.

70% military disability with combat related injuries. 100% VA rated disabled. _ Recommend Permanent Retirement

Fighting for 20 years will guarantee I can receive both my retirement pay and VA pay .
Fighting the low rating (I didn't get as high as I thought for migraines I got rated 30% instead of 50% - and I am worried they duplicated some of my other ratings which could lower me below 100% in the future) will take months and make it easier to make it to 20 years - but comes along with the small chance my 100% VA gets lowered.

My PEBLO said he would normally give me advice, but in my case of having the possibility of being accepted for CRSC vs trying to fight for a full 20 year retirement - he is conflicted and unsure of the benefits of getting out now and applying for CRSC.

Elwayb13

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was told over 50% VA one would receive both. Is that not the case?

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was told over 50% VA one would receive both. Is that not the case?
If you are speaking about CRDP, which requires a 50% or more VA rating, only those who have the following qualify for CRDP:

--Regular retirement (i.e., 20 years AD)
or
--TERA
or
--qualified for a reserve retirement and have met the age requirement
or
--A chapter 61 disability retiree who also qualifies for one of the retirements above

----------------

References:

DFAS CRDP LINK <---

DoD 7000.14-R
VOLUME 7B, CHAPTER 64: “CONCURRENT RETIREMENT AND DISABILITY PAYMENT (CRDP)”
LINK <----

Another type payment, CRSC, is discussed at this LINK <----

Ron

Russ35057

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
@heathro1281 cant you apply for sanctuary? or just a waiver to get to your 20? your almost there! at bare minimum you can get the combat related. its better than my situation. we are 2 months late on what medical is referring to as the "waiver" that terminology makes me think no one has any intention of having me referred for an MEB.... sorry to rant...

Russ35057

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hmmm can they use presumption of fitness since you are less than 1 year 1 month? Trying to figure multiple angles here

nickie12321

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Good day everyone. Here is the latest and greatest.
Last Update - June 27, 2019 - PEBLO Sending Case File to IPEB.
August 6, 2019 - MyPers Email - AGR MEB CASE Incident, "Your AF Form 356, Findings and Recommended Disposition of USAF Physical Evaluation Board was sent to the Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer (PEBLO) at your base Medical Treatment Facility (MTF)."
August 7, 2019 - PEBLO emailed me all the Findings and percentages. (only took 40 days for the findings to come back from IPEB)

Now I just need to decide. I can be done 27 September 2019 with my last working day being tomorrow! We shall see. I want to talk to the OAC first.

Russ35057

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
That's Awesome Nickie! I'm still fighting to be found unfit (I know I am but NGB doesn't see that)

Guardguy11

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Good day everyone. Here is the latest and greatest.
Last Update - June 27, 2019 - PEBLO Sending Case File to IPEB.
August 6, 2019 - MyPers Email - AGR MEB CASE Incident, "Your AF Form 356, Findings and Recommended Disposition of USAF Physical Evaluation Board was sent to the Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer (PEBLO) at your base Medical Treatment Facility (MTF)."
August 7, 2019 - PEBLO emailed me all the Findings and percentages. (only took 40 days for the findings to come back from IPEB)

Now I just need to decide. I can be done 27 September 2019 with my last working day being tomorrow! We shall see. I want to talk to the OAC first.
That's great news Nickie! How to you fare with your percentages?

heathro1281

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Welp, I am down to my final appeals. I am requesting a VARR and then requesting LAS. I am turning in all my evidence and letters on 29 Aug. The OAC says a few days later I will know my fate. Right now he isn’t very optimistic that it will all be approved.

I am staring down the business end of being medically retired at 19 years and 3 months TAFMS.

Russ35057

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Welp, I am down to my final appeals. I am requesting a VARR and then requesting LAS. I am turning in all my evidence and letters on 29 Aug. The OAC says a few days later I will know my fate. Right now he isn’t very optimistic that it will all be approved.

I am staring down the business end of being medically retired at 19 years and 3 months TAFMS.
I'm sorry to hear that. no way for 9 more months. I'm hoping for a miracle for you. Right now I'm just pissing people off left and right.

heathro1281

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
how did you find out that they sent the proposed ratings to PEB
I called after seeing that one claim was opened and closed on the same day stating "notification letter has been mailed". This is happening to people going through a MEB near the end when the VA is done rating your package, some people are coming here saying that was their first tip that something has moved in the MEB. I am not sure if everyone sees this second "ghost claim" open and close in their VA.gov.

I waited the weekend and on Monday when I still hadn't heard anything from my PEBLO I called the VA, the assistant on the phone looked up my case and said the VA had closed my ratings and since I was in IDES that the ratings were mailed to my PEBLO on July 31st.

This second ghost claim is in addition to my original claim that is still open and "pending approval" as I have not finaled out of the military and have yet to accept my ratings. To be clear, I have had my original VA claim open for months now through this process but on July 29th, a second claim was opened and then immediately closed stating "notification letter has been mailed".... leaving my first original claim open until my MEB is completely finished.

IShipley21

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
well I just got off the phone with the VA they said they sent a request on Aug 11th asking for separation date and my dd214 I asked who they sent that too but he wasn't sure and my EBenefits says pending claim approval

heathro1281

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
well I just got off the phone with the VA they said they sent a request on Aug 11th asking for separation date and my dd214 I asked who they sent that too but he wasn't sure and my EBenefits says pending claim approval
My ebenifits say that also.... I would call your PEBLO, I believe you have a decision coming very soon as your ratings sound like they are with your PEBLO...

heathro1281

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
@heathro1281 how long did it take for your ratings to reach your PEBLO via the mail?
July 29th 2019 e-Benefits changed to Pending Decision Approval
July 31th Proposed Ratings sent to PEB
Aug 6th Notified of Ratings by the PEB - 70% Military, 100% VA : Recommend Permanent Retirement.

PEBLO mentioned on the phone I would have got them sooner but he was out sick, so.... less than a week?

heathro1281

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Today I received notification that my VARR was denied. Monday I will be submitting my LAS request to be retained for my final 11 months before retirement. If you know someone at AFPC or NGB, can you let me know so I can buy them a bottle of Whisky? I am praying this works so I can hit 20 or I will be one of those sad cases that you see retired at 19 years and XX Months of service.... Oh god I am nervous.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">