AGR ANG Timeline

heathro1281

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Just wanted to post my timeline for reference:
October 2016 a MEB was started - my Med Unit and past PEBLO falied to expedite the process and personel changes were made in these offices....

Jan 2019 MEB progress made with a new PEBLO
Feb 2019 Commanders Letters and fact gathering finished
March 2019 VA exams completed with QTC
May 2019 signed for findings and the findings were forwarded to AFPC
June 10th 2019 some paperwork is out of date, new forms resigned and package submitted to AFPC.

E-7 USAF, I have 18 years and 9 months combined all active duty and AGR time, I am trying to retain until my 20 year military retirement. A few years back my migraines and joint problems consumed my work time, I missed alot of days and took some flack from my boys. I pushed for an MEB to atleast hopefully get TDRL so I could try to get my health on track.... alot of problems with the process here led to my MEB package just sitting around, after getting so close to retirement and never hearing back from my PEBLO I kind of assumed it was over and I would just push through until retirement. That was until Jan 2019 (my 18 year and 4 month mark) Now I have a high speed PEBLO that knows his stuff and the process is flowing well, he knows I would like to retain and he is trying to help. It sucks that when I wanted out, it fell apart and now I want to stay the process has went well and so fast. Whatever the outcome, after lurking on here for 3 years, I would like to try to help other AGRs through the process and offer support.

I will probably be found unfit due to Migraines, PTSD, chronic neck and shoulder joint issues and sleep Apnea/CPAP. I plan to appeal any unfit findings, with written statements, I am prepared to request a FPEB and also to appeal to the SECAF if required, all to hopefully extend this out to SEP/OCT 2019 where I will have less than a year until my ETS/Retirement and hopefully get a decision to serve until ETS/Retirement. I hit 20 years Sep 2020.

I dont have ratings yet, but my VA package was 169 pages long detailing all my conditions, I believe it was around 18 claims with my largest claims being the ones I believe will be found unfitting.

Cheers

Add a VARR into that process and you might very well make it to 20. Thanks for sharing.

Just wanted to post my timeline for reference:
October 2016 a MEB was started - my Med Unit and past PEBLO falied to expedite the process and personel changes were made in these offices....

Jan 2019 MEB progress made with a new PEBLO
Feb 2019 Commanders Letters and fact gathering finished
March 2019 VA exams completed with QTC
May 2019 signed for findings and the findings were forwarded to AFPC
June 10th 2019 some paperwork is out of date, new forms resigned and package submitted to AFPC.

E-7 USAF, I have 18 years and 9 months combined all active duty and AGR time, I am trying to retain until my 20 year military retirement. A few years back my migraines and joint problems consumed my work time, I missed alot of days and took some flack from my boys. I pushed for an MEB to atleast hopefully get TDRL so I could try to get my health on track.... alot of problems with the process here led to my MEB package just sitting around, after getting so close to retirement and never hearing back from my PEBLO I kind of assumed it was over and I would just push through until retirement. That was until Jan 2019 (my 18 year and 4 month mark) Now I have a high speed PEBLO that knows his stuff and the process is flowing well, he knows I would like to retain and he is trying to help. It sucks that when I wanted out, it fell apart and now I want to stay the process has went well and so fast. Whatever the outcome, after lurking on here for 3 years, I would like to try to help other AGRs through the process and offer support.

I will probably be found unfit due to Migraines, PTSD, chronic neck and shoulder joint issues and sleep Apnea/CPAP. I plan to appeal any unfit findings, with written statements, I am prepared to request a FPEB and also to appeal to the SECAF if required, all to hopefully extend this out to SEP/OCT 2019 where I will have less than a year until my ETS/Retirement and hopefully get a decision to serve until ETS/Retirement. I hit 20 years Sep 2020.

I dont have ratings yet, but my VA package was 169 pages long detailing all my conditions, I believe it was around 18 claims with my largest claims being the ones I believe will be found unfitting.

Cheers
I could use any help you can give me. I have 15 yrs 4 months and should have been medboarded, but wasn't. long story... E6 TSgt Air National Guard

Add a VARR into that process and you might very well make it to 20. Thanks for sharing.

I reviewed my C&Ps and for the most part dont have any issues, and have tried to rate my self as fairly as possible. But as for the VARR, my only arguements would be if ratings came in lower than expected, does that warrant a VARR? For example I do expect 50% Migraines, I have documented in the C&P that I miss 2 or more days a month do to prostrating attacks and daily headaches. Or PTSD, I expect a 30%-50% anything less and I would disagree. I have all the documentation and daily use logs to justify 50% for Sleep Apnea, these are examples of ratings I would not take less than.

I could use any help you can give me. I have 15 yrs 4 months and should have been medboarded, but wasn't. long story... E6 TSgt Air National Guard
What is going on? I would assume its either locally like me, where my Med Sq didnt have the knowledge or experience to build an effective MEB package, or know the process? Until I met with the new PEBLO, I thought I knew more about a MEB than anyone I was dealing with and that is scary and unacceptable.

I reviewed my C&Ps and for the most part dont have any issues, and have tried to rate my self as fairly as possible. But as for the VARR, my only arguements would be if ratings came in lower than expected, does that warrant a VARR? For example I do expect 50% Migraines, I have documented in the C&P that I miss 2 or more days a month do to prostrating attacks and daily headaches. Or PTSD, I expect a 30%-50% anything less and I would disagree. I have all the documentation and daily use logs to justify 50% for Sleep Apnea, these are examples of ratings I would not take less than.
I agree with your logic wholeheartedly.

What is going on? I would assume its either locally like me, where my Med Sq didnt have the knowledge or experience to build an effective MEB package, or know the process? Until I met with the new PEBLO, I thought I knew more about a MEB than anyone I was dealing with and that is scary and unacceptable.
Well first off my commander made an impact statement October 2017 that I can do my job in Garrison... That being said the epr that closed out Nov 2017 was a referral for mistakes and issues ( related to anxiety and depression in my case. 2018 is more of the same). RILO twice and then to add insult to injury I was removed from my AGR tour due to being non deployable... Coded ALC C3 non WWD and made a DSG... Now on my annual renewal and provided books more information from the VA (which I'm now 90% service connected disabled for physical and mental health problems, arthritis in feet with fusions, anxiety an depression, degenerative disc disorder in spine with buldged discs in l4-l5 and l5-s1 with nerve contact, occular migraines, and nerve radicopthy in both legs and in femoral and siatic nerves). Should have been unfit but commander was not impartial in their impact statement and should have also listed issues addressed in EPR for the time frame. In my new submission I located about 20 items in the AF MSD that apply for retention disqualifying...

Last edited:
Well first off my commander made an impact statement October 2017 that I can do my job in Garrison... That being said the epr that closed out Nov 2017 was a referral for mistakes and issues ( related to anxiety and depression in my case. 2018 is more of the same). RILO twice and then to add insult to injury I was removed from my AGR tour due to being non deployable... Coded ALC C3 non WWD and made a DSG... Now on my annual renewal and provided books more information from the VA (which I'm now 90% service connected disabled for physical and mental health problems, arthritis in feet with fusions, anxiety an depression, degenerative disc disorder in spine with buldged discs in l4-l5 and l5-s1 with nerve contact, occular migraines, and nerve radicopthy in both legs and in femoral and siatic nerves). Should have been unfit but commander was not impartial in their impact statement and should have also listed issues addressed in EPR for the time frame. In my new submission I located about 20 items in the AF MSD that apply for retention disqualifying...

How long were you an AGR? In california after 6 years of being AGR you can not be removed except under extenuating circumstances or if there is no AGR resource availible. Thats a harsh reaction to your medical problems. Were you undergoing treatment? To my understanding you can not change status during ongoing treatment? If you have been on prifile for more than 2 years , I blieve it also triggers a mandatory MEB.

I was in California and I had 10 years AGR.... And I was still in treatment and research on my spine and with duty conditions and all I never had time to get therapy for the mental health. They rehired my job after I left. Read my other posts about the situation.... Might give you some insight on what went wrong... Former Air National Guard Active Guard Reservist 15yrs AD time - non retained as AGR - Fit for duty non WWD

Last edited:
Hello all. I would love to give you all an Air National Guard AGR Timeline. Grade - E-8 TIS - Oct 1 2019 will be 22 years. TAFMS - November 2019 will be 17 years. Host Base is WPAFB.

Nov 4, 2018 - AF 469 - P4 with a 31 = Illness or Injury will be resolved within 31-365 days
Feb 8, 2019 - Wing CC Signed 1185 (commander Impact Statement) Do Not Retain
Feb 9, 2019 - AF 469 - Updated P4 to a 37 = Medical Defect/Condition Requires MEB or PEB Processing IAW AFI 41-210
Feb 15, 2019 - Clinic Pushed MEB to NGB
March 26, 2019 - Clinic received from NGB - Recommendation to MEB
March 28, 2019 - Initial PEBLO Assigned - Contacted me Filled out MEB Patient Intake Sheet
April 11, 2019 - PEBLO Gathered Medical Records from Clinic
May 7, 2019 - PEBLO sent info MILITARY SERVICES COORDINATOR VA/DoD TRANSITION CENTER (VA Guy in the basement of Hospital)
May 16, 2019 - VA guy contacted me to set up Initial IDES Interview (this is where you fill out all your VA Forms and Claim everything and anything you have backup documentation for - Nothing self diagnosed - won't fly)
May 17, 2019 - Completed the interview via Phone (I'm in Pittsburgh he is in WPAFB)
May 22, 2019 - Assigned a New PEBLO
May 23, 2019 - Received First Text message about first VA C&P Exam
May 30, 2019 - Two Exams (PFT and Mental Health)
June 14, 2019 - Two More Exams (Complete Physical for all claims and Audiology)
June 17/18, 2019 - VA Guy received C&P Exams back from VA and forwarded them to my PEBLO
June 20, 2019 - PEBLO Confirmed receiving the stuff from VA sending to the MSC to review for any addendums (if there were any differences from their write ups and VA Findings)
June 21, 2019 - Apparently PEBLO received word back from both MSCs (Regular - NARSUM and Mental Health - NARSUM) and is taking my case to the local board at WPAFB Stated I should receive a copy by 26-27 June 2019. I will keep you all posted.

I would like to say i feel that my process is the fastest in the history of ANG AGR MEBs from P4d until now! I am guessing that the being P4d for one year then go MEB does not always apply, or really only applies to a few.

I will keep you posted on the next updates.

Hello all. I would love to give you all an Air National Guard AGR Timeline. Grade - E-8 TIS - Oct 1 2019 will be 22 years. TAFMS - November 2019 will be 17 years. Host Base is WPAFB.

Nov 4, 2018 - AF 469 - P4 with a 31 = Illness or Injury will be resolved within 31-365 days
Feb 9, 2019 - AF 469 - Updated P4 to a 37 = Medical Defect/Condition Requires MEB or PEB Processing IAW AFI 41-210
March 28, 2019 - Initial PEBLO Assigned - Contacted me Filled out MEB Patient Intake Sheet
May 7, 2019 - PEBLO sent info MILITARY SERVICES COORDINATOR VA/DoD TRANSITION CENTER (VA Guy in the basement of Hospital)
May 16, 2019 - VA guy contacted me to set up Initial IDES Interview (this is where you fill out all your VA Forms and Claim everything and anything you have backup documentation for - Nothing self diagnosed - won't fly)
May 17, 2019 - Completed the interview via Phone (I'm in Pittsburgh he is in WPAFB)
June 17/18, 2019 - VA Guy received C&P Exams back from VA and forwarded them to my PEBLO
June 20, 2019 - PEBLO Confirmed receiving the stuff from VA sending to the MSC to review for any addendums (if there were any differences from their write ups and VA Findings)
June 21, 2019 - Apparently PEBLO received word back from both MSCs (Regular - NARSUM and Mental Health - NARSUM) and is taking my case to the local board at WPAFB Stated I should receive a copy by 26-27 June 2019. I will keep you all posted.

I would like to say i feel that my process is the fastest in the history of ANG AGR MEBs from P4d until now! I am guessing that the being P4d for one year then go MEB does not always apply, or really only applies to a few.

That is a ridiculously fast timeline from the code 37 to where you are. I am hoping mine timeline goes in a similar fashion. I have had to wait 48 days for my final VA exam. Apparently the VA hospital in Kansas City is crazy busy right now.

Thank you for the updates... I am trying to stall as much as possible so I can hopefully appeal and be recommended to stay until my Regular Military Retirement of October 1 2020. I hope to push my appeals to at least September 2019 so part of my package can be that I have an approved retirement date already.

I am still taking all information that might help me achieve my goals.

We had an AGR that was going through an MEB last summer. He was eligible to retire January 31 2019. They originally came back with DoD 30% and Medical retirement of December 28th 2018. He appealed and requested to go to his Retirement date of January 31st, 2019. They came back agreed and reduced his DoD rating to 10% and gave him his retirement date. Lucky duck gets Concurrent! So there may be hope for you all who are close, just request to extend to retirement. I am too far off for that, I need 3 more years and goodness gracious I can't last in this political nightmare that long!

Here is an update on my Timeline.
June 25, 2019 - MEB members met at WPAFB reviewed my stuff
June 26, 2019 - PEBLO emailed me my MEB Board Case for review (the tribe has spoken)

The MEB Board referred my Case to IPEB. They also Stated that my three referred conditions were incurred while entitled to Basic Pay, did NOT exist prior to service, and was permanently aggravated by service. I have nothing to disagreed with here.

More to follow to see how long the IPEB will take.

We had an AGR that was going through an MEB last summer. He was eligible to retire January 31 2019. They originally came back with DoD 30% and Medical retirement of December 28th 2018. He appealed and requested to go to his Retirement date of January 31st, 2019. They came back agreed and reduced his DoD rating to 10% and gave him his retirement date. Lucky duck gets Concurrent! So there may be hope for you all who are close, just request to extend to retirement. I am too far off for that, I need 3 more years and goodness gracious I can't last in this political nightmare that long!
I so know that feeling @nickie12321 look at my posts... you think you have the political game going on.... read my mis-adventures in the Air Guard IRILO process that found me fit twice, and now I'm no longer AGR and starting the documentation process all over,,,

June 27, 2019 - PEBLO Sending Case File to IPEB.
Her prediction is we should hear something by end of August. Sooo Let's see! Everything else has been pretty darn fast. I am gonna predict ratings August 15, 2019, DOS 28 October 2019 (currently 27 days of leave and take 20 PTDY R-2). They have to give me enough time to out process (usually 10 Days), take leave (if desired), and PTDY (If approved).

June 27, 2019 - PEBLO Sending Case File to IPEB.
Her prediction is we should hear something by end of August. Sooo Let's see! Everything else has been pretty darn fast. I am gonna predict ratings August 15, 2019, DOS 28 October 2019 (currently 27 days of leave and take 20 PTDY R-2). They have to give me enough time to out process (usually 10 Days), take leave (if desired), and PTDY (If approved).
Who is your PEBLO, I am also in process of MEB and I go to WPAFB I live about 30min away from the Base, I meet with the VA guy tomorrow

July 1st 2019 VA.Gov status changed to Preparation for Decision

July 29th 2019 e-Benefits changed to Pending Decision Approval​

July 31th Proposed Ratings sent to PEB​

Glad your making progress @heathro1281. I found out one of the joint fusions failed in my left foot yesterday... so here's a physical possible unfit for me. VA refuses to do the repair due to the history on the right foot... slow progress, but at least the cloud has a silver lining possibly.