Air Force CRSC gouge

Put it this way... I got denied with a personal letter from a Lt. Col. who was my commander on the deployment. EPR, LOEs, decs, orders showing assignment to the Army, medical records being treated in Baghdad for broken bones, psych, photos, news stories, and even statements from other NCO's and SNCO's.

I kid you not, they said there was "no definitive proof" that I was in "combat"

I'll have my AFCAM this week as AFCENT said they dropped it in the mail and forwarded records to AFPC but I haven't seen any updates on OMPF or Ebenefits yet.

My guess is that without an AFCAM or a dec with a "V" device they just dismiss the packages. The letter I had from my former commander and medical records were gold and the NVLSP who was helping me could not believe they denied my package. The NVLSP said that the USAF awards CRSC at the lowest rates and seems to have more stringent interpretations of DOD guidance on the matter. They are looking into a possible class action lawsuit about it similar to the SABO case as I am not the only one they've encountered with solid evidence all the way around and been denied. Its crap, the VA even rated my stuff combat related on their own (which isn't binding) but is suggestive.

Put it this way... I got denied with a personal letter from a Lt. Col. who was my commander on the deployment. EPR, LOEs, decs, orders showing assignment to the Army, medical records being treated in Baghdad for broken bones, psych, photos, news stories, and even statements from other NCO's and SNCO's.

I kid you not, they said there was "no definitive proof" that I was in "combat"

I'll have my AFCAM this week as AFCENT said they dropped it in the mail and forwarded records to AFPC but I haven't seen any updates on OMPF or Ebenefits yet.

My guess is that without an AFCAM or a dec with a "V" device they just dismiss the packages. The letter I had from my former commander and medical records were gold and the NVLSP who was helping me could not believe they denied my package. The NVLSP said that the USAF awards CRSC at the lowest rates and seems to have more stringent interpretations of DOD guidance on the matter. They are looking into a possible class action lawsuit about it similar to the SABO case as I am not the only one they've encountered with solid evidence all the way around and been denied. Its crap, the VA even rated my stuff combat related on their own (which isn't binding) but is suggestive.[/QUOTEhaving the afcam gives me higher hopes. I was put in for a cab by the army unit I was with but it required a wet signature because my chip in my id was broken. I'm tempted to call the bde that it was sent to to see if it was signed and if they had it on record still. Did you by chance get a medical retirement and if so were you given the option for va or Air Force retirement and which did you take? I'm still waiting on my ratings but that's the decision point I'm at

??

No, no...my MEB was hell. I got 10% w/ severance when the VA rated me 90% based on the same medical records and being active duty.

I had to go through the AFBCMR and after a few years and lots of attorneys I won PDRL at 70%.

I was denied for CRSC and will be appealing with my AFCAM.

The CRSC board did not care about my medical records or even a signed letter from my former commander on top of my EPRs, LOEs, pictures, everything.

No, no...my MEB was hell. I got 10% w/ severance when the VA rated me 90% based on the same medical records and being active duty.

I had to go through the AFBCMR and after a few years and lots of attorneys I won PDRL at 70%.

I was denied for CRSC and will be appealing with my AFCAM.

The CRSC board did not care about my medical records or even a signed letter from my former commander on top of my EPRs, LOEs, pictures, everything.
That's ridiculous. I never realized my previous reply to your comment didn't go through and don't have a clue what I said. I'm hoping with my afcam crsc won't be an issue.

Yea, I'm about to find out real soon. Its not even questionable given my EPRs, other decorations, medical records from down range, pics, LOEs, news stories, but they said there was "no proof I was ever in combat" despite my EPRs and so much other crap saying otherwise. Broken bones even, x-ray'd in Baghdad, full records, everything...and denied.

How do you apply for that AF combat badge medal 10 years after the fact? I'm down, didn't even know it was a thing.

I'll shoot you a message.

Honestly, the US Army websites on submitting awards/decorations. The Air Force had nothing even close and I couldn't really find much outside of that. That and calling different officers and trying to get it routed around at AFPC.