Air Force IRILO return to duty?

Jayd

Registered Member
Hey all, long-time lurker first time poster. I was diagnosed with Crohn's earlier this year and my pcm initiated a code 37. Narsum and commander's letter were sent to AFPC. Based on my symptoms I was fairly certain I was going to get retired or discharged when all was said and done but AFPC nonconcurred with the med board recommendation from the DAWG and returned me to duty with a ALC code 2. I guess my question is, is this it for the med board process for me or do I have a chance to say I think this should have gone forward?

Thanks!

The MEB is a medical process. The PEB is a personnel process. Everything is considered by the PEB, not just the medical recommendation.

You will likely be required to undergo an annual RILO.

I agree with chaplaincharlie regarding the annual RILO. One of my coworkers hasn't been deployable for 6 years now and they just keep doing an annual RILO and returning him to duty. It baffles me.

An individual I know of has Crohn's, and has been serving for the past 9 years, all as DAV 37. He hasn't PCS'd or deployed during that entire span.

I'm even more baffled to be med boarded for migraines because I use Botox and it kept me from 1 deployment.. Still perform my job, no issues.. I'm so lost..

I've been seeing off-base Neurologists for Migraines for about 7 years. Never has the idea of a MEB for them come up. People said it was because they weren't bad enough. The Neurologist at Wright-Patterson saw how bad they were when I puked on her shoes.

Hearing that you got MEB'd for them and knowing I didn't makes me ?!? even more.