Air Force PEB Update

The AF reg conflicts with DoDI 1332.38. Even if the condition is not LOD, the PEB needs to assess the condition for fitness. On the active side, EPTS conditions are covered in the MEB and assessed by the PEB. Has the VA ever rated the conditions the AF states are LOD no?

mike

Thanks for the Reply Mr. Parker,

The VA has not rated the conditions prior to me entering in to IDES. The ANG has also not necessarily said they were LOD no with the exception of the anxiety that the Dr. who entered me in to IDES said it wasn't in the Line of Duty and his reason was because it wasn't the reason I wasn't working and it wasn't the main boardable condition. I will send you a copy of the SF 502 where he documented this. Keep in mind the same doctor referred me in to IDES, Was the Chair of the DAWG, and the MEB President... I should have my proposed ratings back soon and when I do I will let you know if the VA rated me for my Anxiety, and Shoulder condition and what they rated each of them at.

Bobby

The VA has had my package for ratings for over 3 months now, and everytime I inquire about it with my VA rep, they blame it on the furloughs. I am tired of this and cannot wait for my rating and my seperation/retirement date. I need to get my life moving again!

The VA has had my package for ratings for over 3 months now, and everytime I inquire about it with my VA rep, they blame it on the furloughs. I am tired of this and cannot wait for my rating and my seperation/retirement date. I need to get my life moving again!

I'm 30 days behind you and my package is at Providence, hang in there it'll come soon. I can empathize putting your life on hold not knowing when you can get moving, I'm currently in Alaska and it's going to make PCSing that much more difficult, it would be nice if you could start your outprocessing once you hit your 90 day mark.

My package is also at Providence. Here is a quote from my VA rep, she sent it this morning, "Unfortunately the rating site is behind, I do not have a time frame for your proposed rating - they have pulled every rater that has left the rating position back into work and they are all working to get caught up - that is all the information that we are receiving at this time."
I am somewhat lucky, I have a really good PEBLO, who is constantly checking for updates as well, and I know people at AFPC, so when it finally comes back they will push things through a little faster for me, but this who thing sucks. The time lines in the IPED pdf are way off and no one seems to care. I'm moving back home to CA, but it is still hard to find a job, I have had a couple companies tell me to contact them when I know for sure when I am available, but that they wont/cant hold a job for me.

Last edited:
This whole things take too long!

This whole things take too long!
true words, the backlog was cleared at providence the beginning of this month (the army cases that were all 125+ days old that seattle dumped on them), and they are currently working Sep-Oct cases, I know this for sure as my case finally had movement on the 4th and today after being in gathering of evidence since the va received my unfit memo on 18 Sep.

No good/bad definates on AFPC's timeline however, some folks are still waiting after 6-7 weeks currently, some quicker. I think with the backlog at the VA being pushed hard it caused a large dump at AFPC smack dab right after the holiday's, So of course them being Air Force, they had the backlog of stuff not done during the holiday's, then the dump. things should be picking up now. I'm just trying to keep stuff together physically long enough to at least be able to stand a few minutes at my retirement ceremony vs it being in a bed.

Yea my PEBLO at Tinker had sent out a mass email to everyone saying that it would take up to 6 months. So that is good news that Providence is moving again. I was found unfit and stuff was sent to PEB in October and my proposed ratings was done Dec 13th. I hope to hear something soon..

I feel you on that, we had a CC call yesterday and after about 5 mins my back locked up, and my right leg started to go numb, I almost fell over, luckily we were able to sit soon after that.

When was your packagage received by the VA? They recieved mine Nov 7th, I have been in the "review of evidence" since late Nov early december. I never saw it in the "under review" or "gathering evidence" stage.

I feel you on that, we had a CC call yesterday and after about 5 mins my back locked up, and my right leg started to go numb, I almost fell over, luckily we were able to sit soon after that.

When was your packagage received by the VA? They recieved mine Nov 7th, I have been in the "review of evidence" since late Nov early december. I never saw it in the "under review" or "gathering evidence" stage.

my dates are in timeline
unofficially int he MEB since hip replacement nov 2011, officially since 17 sep 2012, unfit memo forwarded to VA 18 sep 2013.

Well I had called the VA in January and the lady told me that The proposed ratings was done December 13th. I also called the IPEB legal office and they had nothing. So I also requested a letter from the VA and responded with a email saying that they was waiting on a DD 214. So a little confused because I'm still in. I check my Ebenefits at least 4 times a day and it never changes. Its always in the gathering stage..

Have you gone into ebenefits to see when each phase was complete? For me the claim was recieved and reviewed the same day, and my gathering of evidence was completed in September, it took the PEB till November to determine Unfit for Duty and get it back to the VA for ratings.

Well when I log on to Ebenefits I go to claim status and nothing seems to change. Am I missing anything on that page? Is that the correct item to look under?

if you click on the date next to the claim, it will take you to a more "detailed" look and you can scroll over the different phases and it will give you the phase completion date.

Ok I was able to get on to ebenefits and I clicked on my claim date. Still says gathering evidence but have something new on it. It says Requested Seperation Documents... What does that mean? A DD214 with a projected seperation date? Do I need to initiate it or who does that?

Well I called the VA and I keep getting different stories. The guy did send a email to the Providence office to inquire. This is so crazy...

if it says requesting sep docs, IT SHOULD mean the ratings are done, and you are awaiting afpc/guard etc. to get the memo and do the paperwork. BUT it could also mean that you were never coded as an IDES case and they are sitting on your stuff as if it was just a BDD or regular claim.

Ok... I contacted my VA lady at Tinker and she is now requesting copies of my orders for something..

Ok... I contacted my VA lady at Tinker and she is now requesting copies of my orders for something..

That's awesome, as much as I say I can't wait for my ratings, I kind of get nervous thinking about everything that it's going to take for me to PCS back to Wyoming from Alaska. I'm 30 days behind soonerwild at Providence, and am having an anxiety attack thinking about what needs to be done once I have ratings. Hell I'm still at home on convalescent leave for another 3 weeks, I was hospitalized a week and a half ago after developing a staph infection post surgery, and there's a good chance that the infection comes back after another two weeks of IV antibiotics at home. Oh well many have gotten through this prior to me and I'm sure I'll be fine, hopefully my SSDI determination will be done by then.

That's awesome, as much as I say I can't wait for my ratings, I kind of get nervous thinking about everything that it's going to take for me to PCS back to Wyoming from Alaska. I'm 30 days behind soonerwild at Providence, and am having an anxiety attack thinking about what needs to be done once I have ratings. Hell I'm still at home on convalescent leave for another 3 weeks, I was hospitalized a week and a half ago after developing a staph infection post surgery, and there's a good chance that the infection comes back after another two weeks of IV antibiotics at home. Oh well many have gotten through this prior to me and I'm sure I'll be fine, hopefully my SSDI determination will be done by then.

Aye the movement comes in spurts in my case, and it feels like that "green light" has come up and Im ready to mash the gas and go, then its back into a waiting state, now everything is coming to a head, My ratings are done, but not in my hand yet, my ssdi court case is the 4th of mar, my SCAADL paperwork was signed (but the guy that processes it was not at work today), I do not find out if I need abdomen surgery until tomorrow and then I do not know what.

So last week and this week have been busy, next week will be slow, the week after will be iffy, then a court case, then who knows what. it may be close enough and timed just right for me to request MR. status on my Birthday 28 June.