Air Force Timeline - Multiple Sclerosis

DanielleGibson

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Just finished up my VA C&P exams last week and I was hoping to get a good estimate of how long QTC is taking to get results back lately - thanks!

My C&P exams were sent to the VA about 3 weeks after my last appointment. Had my exams beginning of February they were received by VA on Feb 28.

I had my last C&P exam on 15 Jan. We didn't receive the results back until 27 Feb. Hopefully yours goes much faster!

My exams took a full 30 days (Last appt 2/21st, VA/PEBLO received 3/21st). I did call QTC weekly for updates though, and felt like my package was "stuck" at times with QTC. I think calling helped push it along quicker.

How long did it take for them to schedule the exams after meeting with the MSC?

It took awhile because originally the VA said they had the capacity to see me but then 3 weeks later they finally decided that I needed to go through QTC instead. Once that determination was made, I had all of my appointments done within 2 weeks.

That makes sense! I’m waiting on mine to get scheduled, the website finally updated to reflect my claim. Thanks for the info, and sorry about the MS diagnosis.

That makes sense! I’m waiting on mine to get scheduled, the website finally updated to reflect my claim. Thanks for the info, and sorry about the MS diagnosis.
For me, about a week after I met with my MSC I got a call from QTC to get my medical history. They were surprised I hadn't gotten info on my appointment date/times yet, but that person did give me info. A few days later, I received the official appointment notification/documents to fill out in the mail. So make sure you check your mail!

So MSC claim development was 1/29, and my 3 appointments were booked for 2/12th.

It’s crazy how much of a disconnect there is at the VA. Little background on why I believe this, bought a house 2 years ago. Everything was filled out under my name, I got a letter in the mail months later addressed to me under a different last name, my stepdads last name. He served and is in their system for disability compensation. But still, how do you mess that crap up!? All the VA home loan documentation was filled out correctly. So fast forward to the med board, my MSC was having a hard time finding my file under my last name, he searched under my step dads, boom, found it. I had to send in a copy of my birth certificate, and social to these guys just to get it corrected. Mind you I’m in milPDS and DEERS. They operate like the IRS, in the fact it’s almost hard to talk to them over the phone, but with less efficiency. Blows my mind. I’ll stop ranting now lol