Airborne accident ILOD, and now chronic Migraines

rookangelofmercy

PEB Forum Regular Member
Hello all,
So I was on a night jump into NCT. When I woke up I was in the hospital. I lost like 8-10 hours of memories. I don't remember the jump, the ride from Bragg to California. And I was hospitalized for three days out in California, and now that I am back at Bragg, 90+ days post inury I am getting a migrain a week, and the maxault I have been given doesn't seem to work anymore.

Now I have been on profile since the jump, and any type of stress (like at work) is a trigger with photophobia phonophobia. Any type of exersion, like wearing my armor for extended periods of time, wearing my helmet for extended periods of time, running further then 1 mile causes me to get a migrain.

I have been resisting going to the hospital, but I have been told that that is a mistake. I need to have my almost weekly migrains documented.

So what I am asking is: does this sound serious enough to go to the MEB/PEB. and if I do what might the outcome be?

Thanks for your help.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
rookangelofmercy,

Welcome!
I have been resisting going to the hospital, but I have been told that that is a mistake. I need to have my almost weekly migrains documented.
I would say that both from a medical point of view and from a documentation point of view, you need to be treated. This may accelerate or trigger your MEB, so you need to be aware and prepare yourself for that possibility. In my estimation, your health trumps the other considerations. Without documentation you will have a difficult time getting an accurate rating.

So what I am asking is: does this sound serious enough to go to the MEB/PEB. and if I do what might the outcome be?
If you haven't already, look at my Overview of the MEB/PEB Process post (link in my signature block, below). Much will be driven by the severity of your condition, its impact on your duty performance, and the input of your doctors and your commander. A big factor is your grade and MOS. I would tend to think that with the symptoms you describe and history, you are looking at an MEB. It would take more facts to know for sure. I suspect you should be retired, but this will depend on the facts of your case.

Thanks for your help.
Glad to help! I hope you get better and get the outcome you want from any MEB/PEB.

rookangelofmercy

PEB Forum Regular Member
A big factor is your grade and MOS
I am a PFC and a 25U.

Much will be driven by the severity of your condition, its impact on your duty performance, and the input of your doctors and your commander.
The meds that I am on cause me to forget things now more then normal. And by normal i mean post accident. Pre-accident I was almost OCD about my fileing and orginazation. Now I just can't seem to get it right. The meds also cause me to get anxious and drowsey. So I am either wound up tight or falling alseep at my desk.

As for my commander, she thinks that anyone who is on profile is faking it and that i am just trying to weasel my way out of my commitment to the Army. her words not mine. Those are also the sentaments of my first sergent.

My first sergent said that he wants to go with me to my next neurologist appointment to get the 'real story' on my condition. Can he do that? He he order me to take him along to my Dr visit? ISn't there a HIPPA violation there?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">