Already have 90% VA, MEB memo sent up.

SSGCT

Registered Member
Hello All,

I'm in the National Guard.
I just received my memo stating,
1. A medical evaluation has resulted in the need for further review.
2. The above mentioned service member will be referred to the MEB.
3. Soldier does not meet the retention standards per AR 40-501 Chapter 3-30 g, 3-30 i (4) and 3- 33 b & C.

I am unfit for ptsd, cervical strain, migraines those are service connected and epilepsy which may be residual from the TBI i sustained.
Can anyone tell me what the next step will be??

I am already at 90% with the VA.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
The MEB process is long. I'm not familiar with the specifics of the NG process. Hopefully a Guard retiree will chime in soon. Welcome to the board.

Old Top

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Are you going through Atterbury? I began the MEB/PEB process with 80% VA rating. Before I ever saw anyone for an exam, I had long ago requested a reevaluation for spinal conditions and migraines. Long story short, I was raised to 100% before the process started. I was found unfit by the MEB for PTSD, Cervical and Lumbar issues, radiculopathy right arm and right leg. Everything else they figured I'm okay to stay in. The MEB board proceedings came down on February 15th. I'm still waiting for the final word.

It is indeed an extremely long process and frustrating. Don't be afraid to contact your PEBLO at any time. That's the whole reason they exist is to assist you. Mine has been pretty good. My VAMSC on the other hand takes 4 emails and a phone call to finally get an answer from. Be the squeaky wheel. Just as you had to take charge of your career while you've been in uniform, don't be afraid to ask questions and take charge of your health and future after the Army.

Good luck

SSGCT

Registered Member
Are you going through Atterbury? I began the MEB/PEB process with 80% VA rating. Before I ever saw anyone for an exam, I had long ago requested a reevaluation for spinal conditions and migraines. Long story short, I was raised to 100% before the process started. I was found unfit by the MEB for PTSD, Cervical and Lumbar issues, radiculopathy right arm and right leg. Everything else they figured I'm okay to stay in. The MEB board proceedings came down on February 15th. I'm still waiting for the final word.

It is indeed an extremely long process and frustrating. Don't be afraid to contact your PEBLO at any time. That's the whole reason they exist is to assist you. Mine has been pretty good. My VAMSC on the other hand takes 4 emails and a phone call to finally get an answer from. Be the squeaky wheel. Just as you had to take charge of your career while you've been in uniform, don't be afraid to ask questions and take charge of your health and future after the Army.

Good luck
Thank you for the input. Do you know your rating for PTSD? Not sure where I will be going through I just got the packet with all the info for the next step I guess. It had pamphlets and a slide show. I got it certified mail.

Bobmoran

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I’m absolutely serious. Two hundred and fifty words is nothing, lengthwise. The real challenge is packing everything into something that short. Your thesis, your introduction, your arguments, your summary college homework help online .

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">