An Introduction

Green Dart

Registered Member
Good day all,

I just found this site and it looks to be an excellent resource for me to use. I am currently rated at 80%, from a 2011 decision. I was initially rated at 40% in 2009 and I felt that the VA purposefully kept me below 50% and the concurrent receipt. So I challenged their findings and was pleased at the end result. The main players in the rating were ratings for social adjustment disorder, DDD, ROM in one shoulder, tinnitus - the exact numbers escape me right now...

I was also goose egged - 0% for my BP, managed with meds and Migraines. In the past 5 years my migraines have worsened and I am planning a claim for increased frequency and duration. Am I right in thinking that this is an option?

I am also back in the Mental Health Clinic seeing both a psychologist & a psychiatrist for worsening depression - driven by my worsening chronic neck pain and my inability to work and play at levels I once was able.

My neck injury occurred in 2003 when I slammed my head into the roof-line of a GOV truck I was getting into, on duty. I suspect that I had a mild TBI that day, but didn't get to the hospital until 2 weeks later - you all know, work through it, right? Thankfully, I did get it documented...

Anyways, please feel free to reply back to this with any suggestions you may have - I suspect that trolling for help here in not the best place to do it & I'll direct it to the more specific forum pages. I tend to ramble at times, so here's my long winded introduction!

PS:
Green Dart = my 1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 340 - 4 speed.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Green Dart, welcome! it may be a good idea to ask the VA to rate your migraines again. BP managed by meds will get 0. Hope it goes well.

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Good day all,

I just found this site and it looks to be an excellent resource for me to use. I am currently rated at 80%, from a 2011 decision. I was initially rated at 40% in 2009 and I felt that the VA purposefully kept me below 50% and the concurrent receipt. So I challenged their findings and was pleased at the end result. The main players in the rating were ratings for social adjustment disorder, DDD, ROM in one shoulder, tinnitus - the exact numbers escape me right now...

I was also goose egged - 0% for my BP, managed with meds and Migraines. In the past 5 years my migraines have worsened and I am planning a claim for increased frequency and duration. Am I right in thinking that this is an option?

I am also back in the Mental Health Clinic seeing both a psychologist & a psychiatrist for worsening depression - driven by my worsening chronic neck pain and my inability to work and play at levels I once was able.

My neck injury occurred in 2003 when I slammed my head into the roof-line of a GOV truck I was getting into, on duty. I suspect that I had a mild TBI that day, but didn't get to the hospital until 2 weeks later - you all know, work through it, right? Thankfully, I did get it documented...

Anyways, please feel free to reply back to this with any suggestions you may have - I suspect that trolling for help here in not the best place to do it & I'll direct it to the more specific forum pages. I tend to ramble at times, so here's my long winded introduction!

PS:
Green Dart = my 1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 340 - 4 speed.
Indeed, welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">