An Introduction

Green Dart

Registered Member
Good day all,

I just found this site and it looks to be an excellent resource for me to use. I am currently rated at 80%, from a 2011 decision. I was initially rated at 40% in 2009 and I felt that the VA purposefully kept me below 50% and the concurrent receipt. So I challenged their findings and was pleased at the end result. The main players in the rating were ratings for social adjustment disorder, DDD, ROM in one shoulder, tinnitus - the exact numbers escape me right now...

I was also goose egged - 0% for my BP, managed with meds and Migraines. In the past 5 years my migraines have worsened and I am planning a claim for increased frequency and duration. Am I right in thinking that this is an option?

I am also back in the Mental Health Clinic seeing both a psychologist & a psychiatrist for worsening depression - driven by my worsening chronic neck pain and my inability to work and play at levels I once was able.

My neck injury occurred in 2003 when I slammed my head into the roof-line of a GOV truck I was getting into, on duty. I suspect that I had a mild TBI that day, but didn't get to the hospital until 2 weeks later - you all know, work through it, right? Thankfully, I did get it documented...

Anyways, please feel free to reply back to this with any suggestions you may have - I suspect that trolling for help here in not the best place to do it & I'll direct it to the more specific forum pages. I tend to ramble at times, so here's my long winded introduction!

PS:
Green Dart = my 1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 340 - 4 speed.

Green Dart, welcome! it may be a good idea to ask the VA to rate your migraines again. BP managed by meds will get 0. Hope it goes well.

Good day all,

I just found this site and it looks to be an excellent resource for me to use. I am currently rated at 80%, from a 2011 decision. I was initially rated at 40% in 2009 and I felt that the VA purposefully kept me below 50% and the concurrent receipt. So I challenged their findings and was pleased at the end result. The main players in the rating were ratings for social adjustment disorder, DDD, ROM in one shoulder, tinnitus - the exact numbers escape me right now...

I was also goose egged - 0% for my BP, managed with meds and Migraines. In the past 5 years my migraines have worsened and I am planning a claim for increased frequency and duration. Am I right in thinking that this is an option?

I am also back in the Mental Health Clinic seeing both a psychologist & a psychiatrist for worsening depression - driven by my worsening chronic neck pain and my inability to work and play at levels I once was able.

My neck injury occurred in 2003 when I slammed my head into the roof-line of a GOV truck I was getting into, on duty. I suspect that I had a mild TBI that day, but didn't get to the hospital until 2 weeks later - you all know, work through it, right? Thankfully, I did get it documented...

Anyways, please feel free to reply back to this with any suggestions you may have - I suspect that trolling for help here in not the best place to do it & I'll direct it to the more specific forum pages. I tend to ramble at times, so here's my long winded introduction!

PS:
Green Dart = my 1969 Dodge Dart Swinger, 340 - 4 speed.
Indeed, welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!