Another completed case

kyle mccloud

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It seems that the Navy is on a roll these days. Just informed that my case is finished up and my ratings are in. Here's my timeline.

02Oct2011: Broken tib/fib, surgery at civilian hospital
22Nov2012: Surgery to remove hardware/repair torn ligaments and tendons
08Jan2013: Referred to MEB by Ortho
11Jan2013: Transferred to TPU
18Jan2013: Scheduled VA appointments
08Feb2013: NARSUM completed, Package sent to PEB
18Mar2013: PEB found unfit, package sent to VA in Providence, RI
22Mar2013: VA closed case, sent back to PEB. Proposed VA rating 30%
28Mar2013: PEBLO called to inform that PEB came back: UNFIT, seperate with severance.
DOD: 20% VA 30%

Wtf 4 days!!!!! How can I not get any of this luck!!!! Congrats

Good to go.....telling you Balboa is on there stuff.

Was your PEBLO surprised at the INSANE turn around? My PEBLO actually took the handout, SCRATCHED out the 15 day wait time for ratings and WROTE in 6 months.....I almost blew up right there. I could only imagine my peblo's jaw hitting the floor with a 4 day turn around; Would really be an awesome sight!

Congrats man!

Other than apparently putting my package together correctly, my PEBLO is a moron. She didn't know it had gone to the VA, I found everything out by calling the VA myself.

This happens; I know more about the process than the PEBLO's that when we get into it (which happens more than either one of us like) It usually ends up in her assuming that i have no clue what i am talking about and getting annoyed that i dont accept her canned, "dismissive" answers. It slightly annoys them when we are informed; But in the end, they dont have much more visibility than we do, but they care much less than we do; So that is the difference; The amount of involvement. I will always make sure to be informed and educated on my process, but i dont blame her for not being gung-ho in my process. Just dont be so damn cynical when I know whats going on and she doesnt.

*End Rant*

Yeah, I don't blame her entirely...The system as a whole is a tad flawed and lacking transparency. I am glad that everything in my case went quickly though and am now in the process of wrapping my brain around leaving the Navy 2 months shy of 11 yrs.

Nonetheless, congratulations on the recent receipt of your DoD and DoVA proposed ratings.

Best Wishes!