Another Navy Timeline

caseyh46

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Posting my timeline... I'll update as it goes along.

One thing to note, my ebenefits has been sitting on "pending decision approval" for a couple week now. I spoke with the MSC and this is how he said it works (at least for him). When the IDES package is all put together it basically splits in two. One copy going to the PEB and one going straight to the VA. The VA does whatever they do while the PEB does their part. If the member is found UNFIT then the PEB sends their stuff to the VA and the two packages "marry up" again. Once the VA does their thing then the claim should go historical and everything sent back to the PEB for the QA phase prior to being sent back to the respective PEBLOs.

26FEB18 - IDES Referral
28FEB18 - PEBLO Brief
8MAR18 - VA MSC Meeting
9MAR18 - Lawyer meeting
22, 23, 29MAR18 - C&P exams
9APR18 - NARSUM Meeting with Doctor
11APR18 - Signed NARSUM
20APR18 - Package sent to PEB
7MAY18 - Spoke to MSC, confirmed that VA has my package. UNFIT
8MAY18 - Received email from PEBLO letting me know my package is with the VA ratings officer. Confirmed UNFIT

26FEB18 - IDES Referral
28FEB18 - PEBLO Brief
8MAR18 - VA MSC Meeting
9MAR18 - Lawyer meeting
09APR18 - NARSUM Meeting with Doctor
11APR18 - Signed NARSUM
02MAY18 - package forwarded to VA
07MAY18 - Spoke to MSC, confirmed that VA has my package. UNFIT
08MAY18 - Received email from PEBLO letting me know my package is with the VA ratings officer. Confirmed UNFIT
10MAY18 - ebenefits shows closed historical claim (another claim still shows work in progress/pending decision approval)

Another update... I spoke with my MSC on 24 May and he let slip the rating for my referring condition. it came in at 60%, good but it's wrong so from now until I get the official results from my PEBLO I've contacted the lawyer and am starting gathering letters and evidence for a VARR.

26FEB18 - IDES Referral
28FEB18 - PEBLO Brief
8MAR18 - VA MSC Meeting
9MAR18 - Lawyer meeting
11APR18 - Signed NARSUM
08MAY18 - Received email from PEBLO letting me know my package is with the VA ratings officer. Confirmed UNFIT
10MAY18 - ebenefits shows closed historical claim (another claim still shows work in progress/pending decision approval)
24MAY18 - spoke to MSC, he told me my rating percentage, expecting to see official results soon. Began working on VARR

Another update...
26FEB18 - IDES Referral
28FEB18 - PEBLO Brief
8MAR18 - VA MSC Meeting
9MAR18 - Lawyer meeting
11APR18 - Signed NARSUM
24MAY18 - spoke to MSC, he told me my rating percentage, expecting to see official results soon.
31MAY18 - findings in. DOD - 60% TDRL, VA - 80%. notified PEBLO I intend to submit VARR. Meeting with lawyer on 1June to prepare

Any idea if and for how long submitting a VARR will set you back on getting out? I am planning to do the same thing

Any idea if and for how long submitting a VARR will set you back on getting out? I am planning to do the same thing

I just finished my meeting with my PEBLO and was informed that a VARR should take 2 to 3 weeks to turn around. It's all compiled and sent to the PEB who then slingshots it to the VA for the reconsideration, once they're done with it, it trickles back through the PEB and back to PEBLO.

2-3 weeks is a very quick turnaround for a VARR. Internal guidance gives them 60 days, and in my time as a Formal Board attorney (just got off AD back in February), I almost never had one get back in less than a month and a half.

Still, you're not likely looking at more than 3 months, even in a worst case scenario.

If you can get from 80% up to 100%, it's totally worth the extra months. As I'm sure you know, that just about doubles your VA pay every month. It's a free mortgage payment for life. It also can give you a little extra buffer when you come back for your TDRL reevaluation.

2-3 weeks is a very quick turnaround for a VARR. Internal guidance gives them 60 days, and in my time as a Formal Board attorney (just got off AD back in February), I almost never had one get back in less than a month and a half.

Still, you're not likely looking at more than 3 months, even in a worst case scenario.

Thanks for your insight and I suppose in the IDES pipeline anything is possible. I do hope that it's not quite that long. It would be quite frustrating for a VARR to take 6 weeks when the entire board process for me took 41 days with a full week of that being a total wash due to the IDES conference. I had my meeting with my lawyer today and he told me that 60 days is the party line.. his words were "we're not in the dark days of 9 month PEB's anymore" so I hope he's right! My VARR should be submitted some time next week and I'll start the waiting game all over again.

Good luck! My VARR was submitted 2 weeks ago and I'm hoping to hear some good news any day.

Another update...

26FEB18 - IDES Referral
28FEB18 - PEBLO Brief
8MAR18 - VA MSC Meeting
9MAR18 - Lawyer meeting
11APR18 - Signed NARSUM
24MAY18 - spoke to MSC, he told me my rating percentage, expecting to see official results soon.
31MAY18 - findings in. DOD - 60% TDRL, VA - 80%. notified PEBLO I intend to submit VARR.
01JUN18 - met with lawyer to generate VARR paperwork.
07JUN18 - VARR and election of options package sent to PEB by PEBLO.

You're VA turn around is very quick it seems, mine went to them on the 1st of this month and I'm told that it has a rating that is waiting to be approved. I just hope it is not to much longer; but I wish you all the best!