Another Timeline

Timeline
Apr 18 2019 MEB referral
Jun 04 2019 C&P Completed
Jun 26 2019 MEB end
Jul 19 2019 PEB start
Sep 30 2019 PEB sends to VA
Nov 07 2019 VA complete, sent to PEB, PEB received. (Next wait is 3-6 weeks)
Dec 18 Proposed Disposition (Peblo didn't send it to me until 1500 on the 23rd)
Dec 30 Signed today and sent to PEBLO

So, called it. There's a print date of when the PEBLOs are in receipt of the documents. PELBO received it on Wednesday the 18th, when the SGTMAJ called, the PEB sent it out. PEBLO then sat on it for 5 days, until the CO called the PEBLO's boss during lunch of the 23rd to inform them that the PEB had sent my package to them. Like magic it was sent to me at 1500 and then the PEBLO left for the day and took holiday leave(unplanned) for the rest of the week. My bet the PEBLO wasn't going to send it to me until sometime in the new year.

Timeline
Apr 18 2019 MEB referral
Jun 26 2019 MEB end
Jul 19 2019 PEB start
Jan 02 PEBLO sends it out to PEB
Jan 02 PEB receives for processing.
Jan 06 MMR4 receives package from PEB for retirement (I call and tell them I want it before Jan 31st, and I am ready now to retire)
Jan 08 MOL updated with retirement date of JAN 30th (Complete checkout sheet, submit outbound interview and submit leave & Ptad)

Proposed Dates
Jan 09 Finish up IPAC possible get DD2-14
Jan 30 Retire
Feb - Pay break
March enter under VA
April Receive first pay from VA (347 days from MEB referral)

Timeline
Apr 18 2019 MEB referral
Jun 26 2019 MEB end
Jul 19 2019 PEB start
Jan 06 MMR4 receives package from PEB for retirement (I call and tell them I want it before Jan 31st, and I am ready now to retire)
Jan 08 MOL updated with retirement date of JAN 30th (Complete checkout sheet, submit outbound interview and submit leave & Ptad)

Proposed Dates
Jan 30 Retire
Feb - Pay break
March enter under VA
First - Congratulations! I'm a week behind you (based on the VA completion date - Nov 15) so I hope to have my proposed disposition soon. How did you know when to call MMR4? Did you medically retire or TERA?

First - Congratulations! I'm a week behind you (based on the VA completion date - Nov 15) so I hope to have my proposed disposition soon. How did you know when to call MMR4? Did you medically retire or TERA?
I waited. Signed just after X-Mas and decided to call roughly 2 weeks later knowing the PEBLO and PEB. Talked it over with MMR4 and they set me up quick.

I waited. Signed just after X-Mas and decided to call roughly 2 weeks later knowing the PEBLO and PEB. Talked it over with MMR4 and they set me up quick.
Just got my letter this past Friday. I was going to call next week. I assume its whatever number is listed on MMR4's website.

I was just told by the PEB that they have finished my package and it was sent to quality assurance on December 31st. I don’t exactly know what that is since my peblo hasn’t given me any information.

Timeline
Apr 18 2019 MEB referral
Jun 26 2019 MEB end
Jul 19 2019 PEB start

Proposed Dates
Jan 30 Retire
Feb - Pay break
March enter under VA

How did you maintain cognizance on when the PEB had officially received your package after signing your findings?
How did you know when to call MMSR-4 to have them set your date proactively to what you wanted it to be?

I am trying to finalize all of my paperwork over the next 2/3 days. I signed my ratings today, and immediately went to IPAC to get a checkout sheet and retirement checklist. Knocked out as much as I could today, will complete my SBP tuesday, and have phase one of the final physical scheduled for Tuesday. The one thing that seems to take longer is the final physical. I am at a satellite facility so they have to send my blood work out and it takes a week to come back before I can do phase 2. Any tips on how to best prep so everything is ready to go?

How did you maintain cognizance on when the PEB had officially received your package after signing your findings?
How did you know when to call MMSR-4 to have them set your date proactively to what you wanted it to be?

I am trying to finalize all of my paperwork over the next 2/3 days. I signed my ratings today, and immediately went to IPAC to get a checkout sheet and retirement checklist. Knocked out as much as I could today, will complete my SBP tuesday, and have phase one of the final physical scheduled for Tuesday. The one thing that seems to take longer is the final physical. I am at a satellite facility so they have to send my blood work out and it takes a week to come back before I can do phase 2. Any tips on how to best prep so everything is ready to go?

30 January doesn't sound like a correct retirement date. FMCR transfers happen on the last day of the month and retirements happen on the first of the month.

Also you do not need a final physical if you have gone through IDES.

Make sure you have submitted all required retirement paperwork and outbound interview ASAP.

Regular retirements: All regular retirements (i.e., 20 year active duty) occur on the first day of a calendar month.
The day preceding is the day of separation and the last day of active duty.

Disability retirements: Disability retirements can occur on any day of a calendar month and the day preceding is the day of separation and last day of active duty.

Ron

Regular retirements: All regular retirements (i.e., 20 year active duty) occur on the first day of a calendar month.
The day preceding is the day of separation and the last day of active duty.

Disability retirements: Disability retirements can occur on any day of a calendar month and the day preceding is the day of separation and last day of active duty.

Ron

So, if all regular retirements occur on the first day of a calendar month, what happens if my saved up leave takes my terminal out past 12 July 2020, my 20-year-mark, but not all the way to 31 July 2020? Do I still get to retire, or do I not have enough time?

I took terminal leave in 1991 when I had a regular retirement.

My retirement date was 1 August 1991 and my last day of active duty was 31 July 1991.

I did not have any leave remaining as of 31 July 1991; however, if I did have five days for example...I would have been paid for it on my final pay.

Normally, the scheduling of leave and departure from a unit are coordinated so things are in place for the scheduled retirement date. Your case involves completion of 20 years a few days before the end of a month. I suspect coordination is necessary to ensure you do not depart before ...leave taken = end of month. Recommend you speak with your personnel officer and chain of command.

Good luck,
Ron

Please report back with info on how this turns out for you. An interesting case...

Regards,
Ron

Please report back with info on how this turns out for you. An interesting case...

Regards,
Ron

I will do that. I am trying to walk the line between going as fast as I can and making sure I'm going slow enough to make it to a proper 20-year retirement.

I will do that. I am trying to walk the line between going as fast as I can and making sure I'm going slow enough to make it to a proper 20-year retirement.
You probably have already done this, but recommend you confirm that your active federal service is computed correctly.

Ron

Timeline
Apr 18 2019 MEB referral
Jun 26 2019 MEB end
Jul 19 2019 PEB start

Proposed Dates
Jan 30 Retire
Feb - Pay break
March enter under VA
Where u back paid from March 1 April first payment?

Hello Everyone. Reading these forums have been very helpful on this very long & stressful process. I was wondering if you guys can help me figure out what my timeline will look like up until it's completed.

July 9- PEB package submitted
Oct 16- PEB accepts package
Nov 5- Board convened
Dec 6- Found UNFIT
Dec 12- VA uploaded AGR extension
Dec 30- PEB sends to VA
Jan 3- Case Closed. Package sent to PEB
Jan 8- PEB received package
Jan 27th- CMP results uploaded

Currently in the QA process now..

Hello Everyone. Reading these forums have been very helpful on this very long & stressful process. I was wondering if you guys can help me figure out what my timeline will look like up until it's completed.

July 9- PEB package submitted
Oct 16- PEB accepts package
Nov 5- Board convened
Dec 6- Found UNFIT
Dec 12- VA uploaded AGR extension
Dec 30- PEB sends to VA
Jan 3- Case Closed. Package sent to PEB
Jan 8- PEB received package
Jan 27th- CMP results uploaded

Currently in the QA process now..

I would say you should have your official results back between May 15 - June 1st. Probably begin terminal leave by June 15th (give or take depending on how much leave you want to sell).

I would say you should have your official results back between May 15 - June 1st. Probably begin terminal leave by June 15th (give or take depending on how much leave you want to sell).

I appreciate the quick response! I received my proposed ratings letter from the VA on January 6th. I was hoping to separate before April :(

I appreciate the quick response! I received my proposed ratings letter from the VA on January 6th. I was hoping to separate before April :(
I think I misread your timeline the first time through. If the VA has already completed its portion (I never got the letter from the VA so that threw me off). I would say that your EAS will between the end of April and mid-May. I signed my letter on Jan 10 and ended up with an EAS of 29 Apr - but I have 77.5 days of leave.